We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

www.takeflightacademy.co.uk

www.advancedpainters.co.uk

www.aardvarksweeps.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Coffee tastes best at... Blue Mountain? Caffe Nero? The East Dulwich Cafe?
messageIs your drs waiting area open ?
Posted by twinhunters October 15, 12:04PM

Just wondering if all drs waiting areas still shut , I got very distressed when visiting mine , as it was pouring down 8 of us waiting in car park to go in , personally I was ok but got talking to a lady with breast cancer , who had came to see nurse as She had infection after surgery , she had arrived early as was using public transport and was in rain for at least 30 mins , I was seeing a dr so I couldnít offer her my time slot sad smiley . This has played heavily on my mind . Wrote a complaint to surgery as they have a good size waiting area empty , all I got was because of Covid .

messageRe: Is your drs waiting area open ?
Posted by Froglander October 15, 01:56PM

Please name the surgery.

Posted by Pugwash October 15, 02:00PM

My GP surgery is not using their waiting room, GPs collect their patients via a side door

Posted by Metallic October 15, 02:19PM

My surgery is doing both.

Posted by Sue October 15, 02:25PM

My surgery is using their waiting room, but the vast majority of consultations are by phone.

But you can't give a flu jab by phone 🤣

There were three patients max in the waiting room during the time I was there, very widely distanced.

And masked, obviously.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was october 15, 02:25pm by Sue.

Posted by sjsl October 15, 05:09PM

That sounds very unsatisfactory. My GP is using their waiting room, but only for a handful of people Ė when I went for my flu jab there were a couple of others waiting, miles apart. Surely if someone is recovering from surgery, and coming by public transport, they could accommodate that more sympathetically!

Posted by twinhunters October 15, 10:18PM

Thanks I thought maybe they are not allowed, now I know some surgeries are using thereís Iím going to Push this more as I believe totally out of order ,on the elderly. Surgery could hold at least 10 patients socially distancing, with winter upon us , donít think itís fair waiting in outdoor elements with no shelter .

Posted by Bic Basher October 16, 12:02AM

The waiting room at 306 appears to be only used for appointments with the nurse. When I went recently, they only had two chairs!

Posted by seenbeen October 16, 12:03AM

Totally unacceptable. My son needs a repeat sick note at the moment and they can't even get that right- the stress it is causing is unbelievable- and he is diagnosed with acute anxiety amongst other things!

Posted by gabys1st October 16, 11:59PM

At reception had temp taken on wrist by thru a hole in plexi glass. Hand santiser on counter, patients already wearing masks before entering the building - don't know if theey hadn't if wd have been offered one.
Waiting for flue jab..3 others in waiting room -sat way more than 6 ft apart. DMC at Chadwick RD.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum