Best Indian Restaurant in East Dulwich receives its award

Mark

In another evening of glamour and glitz never seen in East Dulwich, Surma Restaurant gratefully received their award for being voted the Best Indian Restaurant in East Dulwich 2006 by you, the registered users of the East Dulwich Forum (see the poll here). The award was presented by Angela Burgess of SE22 Magazine to Surma's manager Mr Muzahid Ali who has been the manager of Surma for the entire 31 years that it has been in East Dulwich. 31 years! Blimey!

Surma's customers have included a plethora of celebrities over the years including Stephen Frost (chap from the Carling Black Label ads with the big eyebrows) and celeb chef Ainsley Harriot. An ecstatic Mr Ali said that the most popular dish is the Chicken Tikka Masala, and when asked what would he recommend to East Dulwich Forum users he replied "the Taba, it's Chicken or lamb cooked with fresh ginger, garlic and ground spices in a medium sauce". Delicious. (Sorry James, we forgot to ask about vegetarian dishes).

angela_and_muzahid1.jpg

Angela Burgess of SE22 Magazine presents the award to Surma's manager Mr Muzahid Ali

Congratulations Surma Restaurant, officially the Best Indian Restaurant in East Dulwich

Surma Restaurant

42 Lordship Lane

East Dulwich

SE22 8HJ

Tel:020 8693 1779

Surma's more interesting food (e.g. the stuff he recommends) is always great. I can't believe that the Tikka Massala is the popular choice.....Anglofied Indian food should be banned........I want to start a campaign for Real Indian Food. Lots of yummy spices and garlic and chillies.....mmmmmmm....I making myself hungry

Reading between the lines, I'd suggest that perhaps Mr Ali is thinking "For the love of god, why don't you people order something else except chicken bloody tikka masala"

Jamie Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Surma's more interesting food (e.g. the stuff he

> recommends) is always great. I can't believe that

> the Tikka Massala is the popular

> choice.....Anglofied Indian food should be

> banned........I want to start a campaign for Real

> Indian Food. Lots of yummy spices and garlic and

> chillies.....mmmmmmm....I making myself hungry

If you haven't already been, go to Ganapati 38 Holly Grove, SE15 (corner of Bellenden Road). I've mentioned it before on this forum, and I swear I'm not taking commision from them, but it sounds exactly what you're looking for!!!