Help us find Dylan!

Hi, sorry to hi-jack the forum, but my 2-year old daughter has just lost her favourite toy/comforter "Dylan". He is the center of all her games and she likes nothing better than to snuggle up with him at bed-time.

Unfortunately, whilst attending the toddler and baby group at Dulwich library this morning (Thursday 25th Jan) he was set down briefly and has not been seen since. As you may imagine, my daughter is absolutely distraught.

If you have seen Dylan please send me a PM so that they can be re-united.

Here's a picture of what he looks like:

http://www.justjellycat.co.uk/uploads/images_products_large/818.gif

Thank you!

Maybe he was bear-napped - did one of Dylan's paws arrive in the post this morning?

My guess is that he got the taste and that he has headed out to attempt the SE22 'all 15 bars' pub crawl - have you tried looking for him in the back room of kebab and wine?

capt_birdseye

Your daughter is pretty smart for a 2 years old ? isn't she ?

But if you are smarter than her ( which I seriously doubt ), you should be able and capable to replace the lost cat with an identical one.

here's the link : ( but you already know the link, dont'you ? )

good luck again ( I mean in not being outsmarted by a 2 years old...ha...ha !!!) >:D<

http://www.justjellycat.co.uk/product.asp?strParents=&CAT_ID=0&P_ID=818&strPageHistory=search&numSearchStartRecord=31

Hmmm, she may well be smarter than me batdog. She's definitely funnier than you though;-). Unfortunately Jellycat only sell pristine new cats rather than ones that have been well-loved for a couple of years (and smell a bit odd as a result). We're currently intensly "weathering" a replacement in case the original doesn't break free from the Peckham underworld/librarian plush toy trafficking ring.

A phone call on saturday morning revealed that he had been spotted outside the Italian Deli in Dulwich village on Thursday afternoon. Unfortunately he had long since gone. The weathering/distressing process continues apace. We plan to introduce "Faux" Dylan later this week - we'll have to see if she falls for it or not...

Can I also suggest that you or your partner stick Dylan up your nightshirt before going to bed? No, I'm not suggesting doing anything rude with faux Dylan but I know that it calms babies to have comfort objects that smell like mum/dad and - maybe having dylan with a familiar smell will help with the introduction process?

------- NEWS ALERT ----------

We gave her the replacement Dylan on Wednesday evening, and she looked a bit suss, humoured us a bit but you could tell she knew it wasn't really him and refused to take him to bed.

Then, Thursday afternoon we get a phone call from the library to tell us that someone has handed Dylan in! So I went up there after she had gone to bed, collected real Dylan, went home and sneakily swapped them around. So she woke up this morning with the real Dylan in her arms, and is very happy now!

Thanks to everyone for the help and concern!