Lost pregnant Bengal cat - (now found)

We have just moved house to Muschamp road and the builders came to finish something off yesterday and have managed to not follow very clear instrustions about letting a heavily pregnant Bengal house cat out of the door. She has been out overnight and we are very very worried as we have only lived there for 4 days and she has never been out of the house for longer than an hour and never unsupervised. Please could everyone keep an eye out for her.

She is very distinctive. She looks like a mini leopard and is small to medium sized with a bump in her belly. Bengal cats hate cars and she has been pretty scared when we have taken her for the odd walk. Her name is Tara or Tarapants and I would imagine that unless she has caught and eaten something then she will be very hungry. If you do catch her please be careful when picking her up as she has babies in her tummy.

Please call me if you see her 07799646732.

Reward offered and much much love given to whoever helps us find her.

Thanks

Jamie and Roma xxx

tara-cat.jpg

Will def keep my eyes pealed for her. Is she due to give birth any day? In which case she'll have gone somewhere to hide and give birth, so worth checking under bushes and hedges as well as any open sheds / garages.

Have you popped a poster up as yet?

Good luck,

Jen x

Thanks everyone. We are going around with posters and a letter drop this evening. She has a couple of weeks left of being pregnant I believe but could very well be making a nest. She must be hungry and she is very loud so if you hear any calling noises it is probably her. Its a very distinctive sound.

Thanks again and hopefully she will turn up soon.

Jamie x

What a beautiful cat! If it's any consolation, my mum's young cat, Archie, went missing last Thursday (she started a thread on here too and had a fab response from people), and he turned up completely fine and acting as if he'd never been away on Tuesday having caused us SO much worry! I presume you've contacted local vets etc? Lomax on the top of Lordship Lane are very good, and it might be worth letting the pet shop on North Cross Road know as well...?

Best of luck with your search - I really feel for you, and know how worrying it is, but I'm sure she'll turn up unharmed soon x

What a gorgeous cat. I will keep my eyes peeled for her.

You could try and contact Battersea Dogs and Cats Home as they run a lost & found service. http://www.dogshome.org/

Also the lovely ladies from the RSPCA London South East might be able to put a note on their website and spread the word. http://www.rspca-london-se.org.uk/

I think you should also tell the vets in the area to keep their eyes opened for her as well (in case someone decides to "adopt" her...). I know my vet (http://www.brockwellvets.co.uk/) also puts notices in his window for lost cats. It would be a good way to "reach out" to all his customers.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks everyone. We found our cat locked in our neighbours basement last night. Very lucky that we live on a very quiet street and heard her cry. We are very happy and also very thankful to everyone for their concern.

Jamie xxxx

Selling all but one of the females. They won't be ready for at least 3.5 months as they need to be with their mum and have all their injections etc..... Looking forward to having lots of leopards running around the house!

Jamie,

good to hear you found her.

Be careful with Bengals I used to own one and he was an outdoor cat. I remember once he went missing for about 3 days, whilst looking around I walked past some garages near where i live and heard some of his distinctive shrieks as he responded to my whistles. poor fella had managed to get himself locked inside one of the garages.

He also used to get very territorial and would even try to chase off foxes! But after seeing the results of a fox attack on one of my neighbours' cats I decided to send him off to the country to live with my parents.

They make incredibly good pets though!

• 2 weeks later...