New Womenswear and Accessories Shop opens in ED...

Petals Boutique is a refreshing option in Womenswear and Accessories in East Dulwich.

Opened just over a month ago, the shop offers unique ranges from over 15 designers, all based in London! Eucalyptus, for example, is based in Camberwell Green and is a huge hit among customers. The local ladies say they relate to the range instantly because its clothes are pretty and easy to wear.

Many items on sale now, so it is worth visiting!!!!

Petals Boutique

16, Melbourne Grove

020 8299 3939

petals.jpg

• Administrator
I have had to "edit and cut what people say" about 3 times before this, and out of the thousands of posts that are on here that's not many and believe me it really isn't the preferred course of action. When an unregistered user posts comments that are just against the system as a whole and are not really related to the fact that a local shop has opened, it's frowned upon. I shall re-instate the messages just so people can see what you guys are on about and if you want to continue this discussion please do so on another thread. (I think it was mentioning EDKiwi that made me go weak and give in)

Good luck with your new business, I'm sure it'll do well.

Wasn't trying to start trouble Mr Administrator, just worries me when freedom of speech becomes curtailed (even if it is a bit off topic). Not suggesting that you're the thought police or anything ;-)

"I wish it was a falafel restaurant"

It would be a step in the right dirction indeed.

I do however fear that this emporium may not do as well as expected- the melbourne grove area does seem to a a graveyard for new businesses that do not offer anything exceptional or out of the ordinary. Still, We shall see

HA, I don't go off topic do I? By the way has anyone seen my dog? Mark I'm glad my rep has helped re-instate freedom of speech on this forum. I'm all for freedom of speech, and going off topic, so long as:

1) only registered members are allowed to go off topic, not one hit wonders afraid to show themselves, like Snorky.

2) everyone agrees with ME!

3) actually scratch #2 as if everyone agreed with me I'd have no one to disagree with and people wouldn't get annoyed with me.

In the interests of not going off topic - GOOD LUCK PETALS!

yet again we welcome a more money than sense so called boutique shop for the new comers to ED. The rest of us scum who have lived here all our lives will have to walk past on our way to iceland and hope we dont become isolated in this community.. why cant we have some sensible clothes shops with bargains in the area? This place is being ruined and i cant wait to move out.. its not the ED i knew and loved..

Get off the fence mate! ;-) I know what you're saying, but you can't blame the shop owners, when they've got people willing to spend the money. I know the owner of one such shop in the area (I won't say which) and she actually said to me that her client group were a bunch of very bored women with so much money they could afford to spend stupid amounts on a cushion!

Blimey 'danniele', to call yourself "scum" and to get feelings of isolation from the community by merely walking past this shop is terrible, I do hope your head doctor manages to rid you of these issues at your next session. Noone is isolating you, you're isolating yourself by thinking like that. There's some good bargain clothes shops in Peckham and good old TKMAXX is a short trip away on the 37 in Clapham Junction.

Anyway, back onto the topic I went into Petals today and it's really nice, I also discovered a couple of business I hadn't noticed before on Melboune Grove including an interesting looking cafe.

I love TKMaxx - I've banned myself from going there!

And that does seem a tad harsh Danielle - opening up a cr**khouse would certainly ruin an area, but surely not opening up a womens boutique. And remember, Petals was just a junk storage space before, it's not like a well loved local butchers has closed down.

Things move on and local flavour changes; I wish Walsh Glazing hadn't gone, and two mad old shops near the policestation on Lordship Lane are going/gone which makes me sad, but Petals probably doesn't deserve that swipe - good luck to them btw.

spymum

(my blog: Posh Mum)

danniele Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> yet again we welcome a more money than sense so

> called boutique shop for the new comers to ED. The

> rest of us scum who have lived here all our lives

> will have to walk past on our way to iceland and

> hope we dont become isolated in this community..

> why cant we have some sensible clothes shops with

> bargains in the area? This place is being ruined

> and i cant wait to move out.. its not the ED i

> knew and loved..

Unfortunately the ED we use to know is now being changed by these new "immigrants" who have more money than sense . Perhaps we should count ourselves lucky that we kept these hordes away for so long . Sydenham is a nice area where property prices are reasonable , relatively speaking. Lets live ED to the snobs with funky ideas.