Any Altima Court residents on the Forum?

I've just moved into Altima Court (and the area) and wondered if there were any other residents from the block on this Forum?

I'm keen to make a few changes to my new flat (like installing Sky+ for one) and wanted to know if anyone else has attempted to do this? The management company, who I know from my last building, have not exactly been helpful!

Any help/advice appreciated.

Hi MikeE

I live in Altima Court but am afraid haven't used Sky+ (simple female and 5 channels is complex enough!)

Just wondering though with all the people reading this thread whether there is any news on the Freehold offer by Laing? I was keen to do it, especially after an article in the Mail or Times this Sat (can't remember which)....

Hi

I mentioned Sky to my friend who lives in Altima Court and she said there's a communal satellite dish that you can all use. And that they (the tenants) had a meeting about buying the Freehold but about 25 people turned up which wasn't enough so it's on hold, or something like that.

Yup. I live in Altima Court (and am Spartacus).

You need 2 wall plugs for Sky+ and we all have just the one. I am not sure if we can get Sky+ without the common system being upgraded. You can get normal Sky - just sign up and the local contractor comes round and connects you to the communal dish on the roof.

After the letter we all got there was a meeting at the Gowlett. As Mark says about 20-25 apartments were represented. People from each block took responsibility for gathering views via a questionnaire that was distributed via the letter boxes. That was about 3 weeks ago - no feedback yet.

I did get the impression that there was little interest. Trying to coordinate 74 flats was a big issue, many are rented so the current residents arent interested (ditto the owners) and many people cant be faffed.

There was a suspicion that Peverel (the managing agents) may well be in the frame to buy the freehold from Laing - as that is often what happens. They have at least mended the fence and the garage gate.

Then there is the Pulsacoil issue ....

I wanted to go to that meeting but it was tricky with transaction deadlines to leave - belive you me a meeting in the Gowlett with a large Sauvignon beats the office but hey ho!

Any body else know of any developments with it. It would be such a shame if we missed out through lack of communication.

I own one of the flats in Altima, rented to excellent tenants.... I just heard about the purchase of the freehold and am absolutley interested in acquiring it if there is a consensus from the others (Im no fan of Peveral OM)- however, does anyone know who to contact regarding this - I don't live at Altima and only got the info thru my tenants......

Any info will be gratefully received..

Hi there, I was involved in collating the initial responses for purchasing the freehold. My impression was that we may be shy of the 51% of interested parties that would be needed to go ahead. I understand however, that someone in Altima is trying to negotiate the price of the freehold with Laing Homes, as perhaps that a smaller group of flats may be able to go ahead provided that the majority of Altima residents agree. I believe a further email or mailshot will be going out shortly, although time is running out...