What about this Tram link thingy ?

Guest Snorky.

45 minutes from barry road to picadilly circus this morning, leaving e.d. at 8:15am on the no. 12 bus.

i was quite impressed - though don't know if this is the norm.

trams would seriously disrupt other traffic though i don't know what the plans are.

Disappointed that it's not coming to ED, especially as we've already been overlooked for the East London Line extension. The public transport in the area is my main gripe. I wouldn't like to be stuck in ED without a car currently , which is a shame.

Tram is good idea as the buses are soooo slow through walworth/camberwell! The separate lane may slow down other traffic, but that would encourage more people to use public transport and cut down on pollution.

ED may have missed out on the east london line tube extension, but its only a quick bus ride up to forest hill (depending what end of LL you are - I'm up Barry Rd end).

Hello - the campaigners aren't campaigning against the tram, they think that a good idea - just the plans to put the tram depot smack in the middle of Peckham. TFL are being quite sneaky about not publicy consulting on their plans for a depot in Peckham but the Bellenden Residents have their plans and are campaigning virgously against it. My understanding is that it would destroy alot of central Peckham including the cinema, woolies and all the residential amd commericial property behind there. It would be a huge area, fenced off and would destroy quite alot of established businesses and residences - including some new flats that have recently been built and artists studios. It wouldn't add anything to Peckham and could be quite damaging to an area which is just starting to find its feet.

The tram itself is a great idea - it will stop quite close to Peckham Rye Station so if you don't want to walk down there (it takes me 8 minutes to walk to Peckham Rye Station) you can always hop on the train at ED station and change. I don't have a car and I have a child and I find ED great for transport - and living within walking distance of Peckham Rye is great because you have an even bigger choice of public transport

Beth - "It will destroy alot of cental Peckham" - Your problem is .................?!

Bellenden have received HUGE mounts of public and private investment over the past years - to deny that opportunity to other parts of the area sees a bit mean spirited.

The fact that central Peckham will be re-built is a good thing. Woolies and the cinema are not things of beauty and the development of Peckham as transport node would see alot more businesses (including a new cinema and Woolies)and housing in the area, more than replacing those that were lost.

"you can always hop on the train at ED station and change"

That's if you can actually physically get onto the train! The frequency of rush hour trains in ED is a disgrace, and I can't see either the tram line or east london line extension solving the problem...