Any empty premises available?

Hi Everyone.

Following from my previous thread, I am looking into setting up a healthy/organic (and possibly vegetarian) restaurant/takeaway in the area.

I was just wondering - does anybody know of any empty premises in East Dulwich (or surrounding areas) available to rent? It would be great to find somewhere which is already suited to a restaurant/takeaway but if not, I am willing to convert it (if it is possible/allowed).

I am interested in all premises types including restaurants (with seating), takeaways or kitchen units suitable for delivery only.

I have already had a look on the Hindwood Hunter Payne website, but didn?t find many results within the area.

I truly appreciate all comments I receive from this post!

Kind Regards.

Thomas.

If you can't find that you could always put in an offer for the Irish shop. There is never anyone in there. If you go in and buy a bottle of red lemonade, a packet of chocolate covered Kimberley biscuits, an old Daniel O'Donnell CD and some Irish regional newspapers, you will clean them out entirely of their stock. They will have no alternative but to give you the shop for free!

Thanks Dulwichmum, great advice! HAHA!!!

eccentric. To be honest, I am yet to find out full information on the different laws on A1 and A3 premises. I?m guessing (from your comment) its possible to prepare food from a separate location and then reheat it at an A1 premises (is this correct?) Is that as much as you can do in an A1 premises (as far as preparing food goes)? Is there a way of converting an A1 premises to allow food preparation?

(sorry for all the questions)

I suppose this could work (being able to prepare food within the premises would be useful, but I wouldn't totally dismiss this idea).

Thank you once again!

Thomas.

well there is the old william hill shop nest to prime time video and also there is the old barbers shop at the goose green roundabout

why do u try and but cafe el paso.... its always empty

and dulwich mum what do you have agianst the irish shop??

i like their crisps =D (joking)

Hi Thomas,

A3 will give you "full cook on premises" use. The downside is A3 premises are at a premium, look how GBK shoe-horned their way into LL, they had the war chest and purchased an existing business. A1 units will give you more site options but you cannot cook on the premises only reheat. About the only thing you can do in an A1 is "cook" toast!

Hi eccentric.

Thank you for your reply and answers to my questions..

Do you know whether it would be possible to prepare cold food (eg: salads..) in an A1 premise? Otherwise, im guessing its basically waiting to do what you suggested, and purchase an existing business.

Kind Regards

Thomas.

eccentric : Oh right, thats not too bad then. Its not the most practical solution, but certainly something I will keep in mind if I am unable to find an A3 premises.

Going back to the beginning, for you to ask this question does that mean you know of a possible premises?

Thank you once again.

Thomas.

Thomas

If you're feeling adventurous and fancy a bit of an "out post", the Junk/antiques shop on Forest Hill Road is up to let, I'm sure its A1 but it does have a deep forecourt (al fresco seating ) and surly that stretch needs some new blood. You could always try and win the landlord over to and applying for A3?

Eccentric

Eccentric.

Thank you for your message.

Do you know whether there is any information about this premise available on the internet (I have just had a quick look on google, but wasn't very lucky). If not, is it just worth taking a walk up their sometime to have a look at it.

I really appreciate the information you have provided me with, thank you very much!

Kind Regards.

Thomas.

Yes, on the promotional material for the flats, the unit below has a starbucks-type logo with "coffee shop" written on it. But when I asked one of their sales team, she had no idea what it was actually going to be!

I pity the fools who buy those apartments, only to find they're living above a fried chicken takeaway.