Stop picking daffodils from GG and Peckham Rye Park!!

Louisa

This is just a little message to anyone out there stupid enough to think that these wonderful flowers are purely meant for your soul enjoyment only, well THEY ARE NOT! I have walked across GG twice this week and seen some ignorant buggers walking up and down picking flowers with their kids, I ignored it at first but when I saw someone doing on the Rye this morning that was the final straw. They told me to mind my own so I got my phone out and got hold of the Southwark Park Wardens people and reported the incident. Please leave the daff's alone!

Louisa.

and while we're at it can people stop 'recycling' food in the park- sometimes great vats of boloignaise in huge heaps in PRye and bread all over GG- the only kind of wildlife it is benefiting is the kind of wildlife you really don't want to know.

Louisa Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> This is just a little message to anyone out there

> stupid enough to think that these wonderful

> flowers are purely meant for your soul enjoyment

> only, well THEY ARE NOT! I have walked across GG

> twice this week and seen some ignorant buggers

> walking up and down picking flowers with their

> kids, I ignored it at first but when I saw someone

> doing on the Rye this morning that was the final

> straw. They told me to mind my own so I got my

> phone out and got hold of the Southwark Park

> Wardens people and reported the incident. Please

> leave the daff's alone!

>

> Louisa.

So you are getting hot under the collar about a few daffs, but care past caring about global warming/climate change/peak oil/the end of civilisation as we know it?

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?5,247728

Glad to see you've got your priorities sorted out.

Where on earth does Louisa say she does not care, or is past caring, about global warming/climate control?

And why is it not possible to care about the local theft and vandalism of daffodils - which by the way will probably prevent them blooming in future years - at the same time as global issues?

Well, here for a start.

But she has on many an occassion argued for building more roads - through your house if it's what it takes

And besides, if some single mother of 4 decides to save money by not spending what she doesn't have on flowers who are we to judge? Some people in Dulwich seem happy to waste money it seems to me. I mean her.. I mean...

Yeah and when it snows don't be such a selfish bunch of arseholes and make snowmen or have snow fights, leave it on the ground for everyone to enjoy!

Global warming affects all of us so take shorter breaths so there's more oxygen to go round!

JESUS BLOODY WEPT LOUISA, GET A GRIP!!!

Mikecg Wrote:

> Louisa I love your attitude if more people had the

> guts maybe the country woud be in a better state.

I agree. There'd be daffodils everywhere, lining every road from John O' Groats to Lands End. People of every race, colour and creed, old and young, would put aside petty squabbles and join hands in togetherness, embracing shared goals and common dreams.

One World. One Dream. Louisa's Dream.

*Bob* Wrote:

> People of every race, colour and creed, old and

> young, would put aside petty squabbles and join

> hands in togetherness

Don't forget members of the afterlife also...

Sorry but Global Warming is happening and I think you want to blame anyone blame those who started the industrial revolution, it has been proven time and time again that emissions from cars make up a tiny percentage of total Co2 emissions each year, and no offence but turning off the odd lightbulb here and there once in a while is just pure fantasy and self fulfillment on behalf of a bunch of people who think they are doing all of us a favour, when it's actually just a wee bit too late.

However, back on topic, coming along and vandalising a public park which is for the use of all of us and doing it so blatantly in broad daylight in front of everyone is just out of line. And judging by the people i've seen doing it so far (buggaboo owning types, mummys jogging in groups with other mummys holding prams) i'd say that the 'single mum of 4' line is probably as far from the truth as you can get. If you want some daffs, go to the bloody flower shop, leave the living ones alone!

*Bob* join in my dream, we can make it happen if we just say NO to daffodil pickers up and down the public parks through this land.

Louisa.

Has anyone noticed that the ones in the previously fenced off area are flourishing more than the Roundabout end? I noticed this last year and wondered if there was an explanation. Also you can buy a bunch of Daffs for ?1 and John Alan's. My son bought me two bunches for Mothers Day and thay are very, very lovely indeed!

Hear Hear Ann! I bought some daffs out of an M&S Simply Food in Greenwich few weeks ago for 99p and they are now in bloom, wonderful! I agree the ones closer to the roundabout are the ones suffering this year, that is probably because they are near the gates and the footpath and people tend to pick these ones first. I couldnt believe my eyes when I saw this lady picking them and putting them in her hair last week, I thought the whole hippy thing went out in the 60's!

(p.s I bet dead people wouldnt damage the daffs!)

Louisa.

Claire, maybe it's nothing to you, but people who are paying council tax to help the council provide us with a decent environment to live in might just be a little bit p*ssed off at the thought we are having our money p*ssed up the wall by a bunch of losers who see no problem in vandalising a public park for all our enjoyment. You are exactly the type who would walk on by and let it happen and sod everyone else, well I cant and wont do that so sorry if you find it offensive that some of us locally give a flying f*ck about the state of the local environment!

Louisa.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!! I find it hard that you can decide what type of person I am from an opionion i express! I've got more important things in my life to worry about like kids/money/health etc. The next toddle I see picking off a flower for his mum, I will make sure I tell him off for been so naughty!

Ermm I didnt shout at the child involved because that would be stupid, but the parent surely knows the difference between right and wrong and if not is it any wonder kids grow up without any respect for public property? Good, glad you worry about your life so much, but maybe you should pay a little time respecting the rest of the community by putting people in their places rather than trivialising the issue.

Louisa.

You do have to tell your kids not to pick the flowers - they think thats what they are there for but a few instructions on how they wither once picked, how if you leave them where they are everyone can look at them (its like sharing etc) means eventually you won't have to intervene all the time and they'll start gathering you garlands of broken twigs, moss and flowers already crushed underfoot ...

although they are growing in a park and were no doubt planted, technically you could argue the daffs are growing in the wild and it is believe it or not illegal to pick them.

so all you flower pickers out if the doorbell goes before dawn, you,ll know who it is.