Mud Wrestling / (Comic) Relief

Huguenot

I have at least 100 pounds to give to a local charity of their choice if spymum and dulwichmum would resolve their differences in a mudwrestle.

Will anyone else support this by pledging cash until it becomes embarassing and irresponsible for the protagonists to turn us down?

I note, with some glee, that Comic Relief is fast approaching - and we could (if supporters felt it a positive move) contact them with regards to getting the film crews down to record this moment for posterity.

We could also put snorky in the stocks, and have an old-fashioned sing song round the joanna.

Go-on, you know it makes sense!!! ;-)

Dulwich Mum! So uncharitable!

If such a gentle exertion in the name of needy local people is beyond you, then what do you suggest as an alternative?

No better way to avoid Lenny Henry than to make ones way (for example) to the cleared back room of the Mag for various sightly pursuits. ::o

Even were I to be trekking down the Inca trail, come Red Nose day I'd still bump into Lenny Henry coming in the opposite direction - followed by the the BBC newsreading team and the cast of Eastenders preparing to film some 'hilarious' skit.

Dear Bob,

This is true I fear. Has anyone ever heard of any money from this wonderful charity actually being spent locally? I myself have never heard of a single pound of 'Children in need' or 'Help a London child' money being spent locally, and I might have cause to know about it if it ever was.

Whatever. ;-)

Not being the autocratic type I don't feel it critical to push my own enthralling solutions to an evening's entertainment.

Nevertheless, there must be some sharp ideas out there for an original pub olympics decathlon?

Beetle racing anyone?

BTW DM, that's a rather peculiar observation earlier - it almosts sounds like you're not helping anyone else's kids, just your own - but they hardly seem to need it (apart from a likely later need for therapy)??

You were, of course, offered the chance earlier in the thread to give my pledge to the local charity of your choice if you don't trust anyone else to do it for you? So please, don't use this as an excuse...

HALC are affiliated to Capital Radio, and their terms and application details for grants can be found here http://www.capitalradio.com/Article.asp?id=7024 if you reckon you need some dosh? Maximum request 3,000 quid. They also provide you with details of past donations on request.

Similarly you can find details of CIN donations here http://www.bbc.co.uk/pudsey/whoyouhelp/

If you can find anyone in those lists undeserving of your help then let us know, and we'll expose these terrible organisations for the frauds they are....?

Actually, a charity I do some work recently got money from Children in Need. They work with girls who have experienced violence and abuse across London (including Southwark) and they received a grant towards their work with girls. I also know organsiations who have received Comic Relief funding althought it is very compeititive to get funding from comic relief as they have a huge number of charities applying for grants.