EDF/eon Reps

Ms T

Are you near ED station by any chance? I've had a couple of people ringing the doorbell in the last day or so. I don't bother answering as I can see from the upstairs window that they are selling something. (Shoulder bag, clipboard, name badge).

Persistent buggers, too. They come around a couple of times in the day, seeing if you are back.

Tell them to bugger off. Unfair on the poor individual, but the only way these companies will learn.

I had Sky call me last night offering me an extended warranty on my Digibox which I apparently now own. I quoted the Sale of Goods Act at them ("fit for purpose") and clearly sent the guy off his script.

Besides, even if my box broke down do Sky really think I am going to pay them for the privilege of replacing it? If they won't replace it, I'll just cancel...

Some months ago we had a persistent twat from Southern Electricity being a pain trying to sell electricity and gas, saying all the neighbours had already switched and so should I. He was quickly encouraged to move on.

danrees - the Sky box warrenty thing is a scam. The people who call you are not from Sky but from some dodgy company trying to make you feel paranoid about your Sky box and how much it would cost you if it broke down and had to be repaired/replaced. They got me a couple of years ago and I foolishly signed up (the thought of being without my beloved box sent me into paroxisms of fear!) I cancelled the agreement within 14 days and got my money back, but if they called again I'd give them short shrift.