New Address for Walsh Glazing Contractors

Guest Walsh Glazing

Hi,

Can you please post details that we have not closed down-we have just moved to 36 Shawbury Rd, East Dulwich, London, SE22 9DH-contact details remain the same- telephone number 0208 693 8254 Fax number 0208 299 3294 E mail [email protected]

We are at the opposite end of Shawbury Rd but on the same side as Callow Locksmiths-we are near the Blue Brick Cafe.

We are open 8am-6pm except on Thursday we close at 1pm and do not open any more on Saturdays.

Thank You.

Walsh Glazing Contractors Ltd

• 3 months later...

James Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Who cares? These glaziers are rubbish.

If they are rubbish, who would you recommend I use instead?

James Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Who cares? These glaziers are rubbish.

Who cares what you think . Walsh glazing has been a long established reputable family ED business . I am sure that they could not care what your opinions of glazers are.

Is that Mr. QZ? I always thought it was Ms. I do apologise if I've been pulling the wrong bell :)

I found Walsh to be well priced and pretty efficient, I think it is wise of them to recognise that they don't need a high street boutique for such a niche product. Sensible chaps, and it'll keep prices down for those who need their services! Peter Walsh is indeed a very nice man.

James, I think you'll find, was being flamboyantly dismissive in a camp kind of way. Ibo and Michael you do need to turn on your sense of humour, it's that switch, right... erm... there

It makes me laugh how this forum goes on about independent shops vs. chain stores but then some people are very keen to criticise (sometimes quite harshly)local businesses - the glaziers, Green and Blue etc etc. If we want independent businesses in ED then maybe we should be more supportive of them! Though personally I have no problem with chain stores opening as well....

God, how patronising. Huguenot, please explain what is flamboyantly dismissive and camp about saying "who cares"? Presumably because I'm gay I must therefore be camp and flamboyant. So I suppose if I was black and said "who cares" you might describe me as being a confrontational ghetto homeboy making inflammatory remarks under the influence of rap music?

For the benefit of the Friends of Walsh Glazing Society, I don't support small businesses that are CRAP. And let's be honest, people who run any sort of business aren't in it for altruistic reasons. They want to make money! HELLO!! I and several people I know have had bad experiences at the hands of Walsh Glaziers. And they hardly add any soul or character to ED like some of the other businesses on Lordship Lane.

Damn those businesses making money... providing jobs, paying tax, fueling the economy, keeping the wind and rain at bay, allowing light to pass through a structural panel which was once made of brick...

This saying, I'm no ardent capitalist, but if you've managed to do all your shopping, banking, insurance and the like through non-profiteering, solely altruistic organisations then hats-off... But then what do we say about all the shops and bars that give ED its soul and soft furnishings and make a healthy living in doing so? oh these modern times...

Sorry for that James.

I was reacting to how presumptuous I found you in assuming that no-one else's opinion had value ('Who cares?' implies that anyone else who has an opinion is by definition a nobody), and that yours was the final word on the subject ('They're rubbish!' without supporting evidence suggests you believe that all that's necessary to support your papal edict was the very fact that you had said it).

The combination of those two factors I found to be flamboyantly dismissive.

I admit that I found the overall combination of such arrogance and quaint 70's schoolboy scoff to be camp.

Apologies for causing offence, will try harder.