5 a-side football

simonc

Hi,

I have been searching for a five a-side football team near Dulwich over the last couple of months without luck. Does anyone know of a five a-side team looking for players. I am 37 and reasonably fit and can play in most positions.

Thanks

Simon

Hi Simon

May I introduce you to the mighty Lordship Lane Sharks (you may have heard of us). Although we curently have a full 5-a-side squad who play at the Stade de Chav in Catford on Tuesdays, we're attempting getting together for a kick around on the Rye on Saturdays in the winter which you're more than welcome to come along to. Also there's a need every now and then to help out during times of depleted squad numbers on Tuesdays so please send me a Private message message with your details and I'll keep you posted

Mark (Shark)

http://www.lanesharks.co.uk/images/sharks_crest.jpg

The Lordship Lane Sharks sound a bit handy. I am rubbish but enthusiastic and been looking for a 5-a-side game for a while if anyone's short of a player or interested in putting a team together.

There are pitches up the back of Champion Hill (the football stadium) I understand but no idea how you get a game there or join their league or anything. Anyone know?

Champions Hill do run 7 aside league on Tuesday and Wednesday. It is ?35 per session. If anyone else out there fancies joining a 7 aside football team drop me a message and let me which days you can play. If we can get 7-10 people who are interested then I think we have lift off and am happy to organise.

Jon,

I am trying to set up a 7 aside team to play at Champions Hill one evening in the week. Champion Hill run 7aside leagues on Tuesday and Wednesday. At the moment it looks like we have 3 or 4 people who would like to play. Would your 5 like to join us in forming a 7 aside team?

Thanks

Simon

Hi,

I'm also keen in joining a local footy team, I'm fairly fit, although my footy skills are of a standared level,

But I'm keen, so do email back with any teams that I could contact, I live in SE19.

Thanks

Thomas

I'm a bit confused but looks like SimonC is doing the organising?

Sevens on a Tues or Weds sounds great. I've only just registered on this site (I'm Jamma above but I can't use that name again till I activate my registration) and won't get on my home computer to activate myself till later but I'll send a pm and we can all take it from there?

Regular football strikes me as a cracking new year's resolution.

Simon -

I would love to join in too.

Again, average is the word, as I havn't played since a motorbike crash, but my leg seems back to full health and I'm very keen. Pls let me know if you need a squad member!

Tom

Thanks all that have replied to my note about trying to get a 7aside team together to play either Tuesday or Wednesday in a league at Champions Hill. We are nearly there in having a nucleus for a team but I think we probably need a couple of extra people before we can set up the team. So if anyone else out there is interested in play for a 7aside team in the week then please let me know.

I will pop up to Champions Hill over the next couple of weeks and find out when the next league starts and how we go about registering.

I suggest then we maybe organise a night in early January to meet up for a beer maybe in East Dulwich to set up the team. If anyone has a suggestion for a good place to meet then let me know.

Cheers

Simon

Sounds ideal. It's got to be the EDT, hasn't it? Central, easy to find, and this is the East Dulwich forum after all... otherwise how about The Gowlett - great pub, more chance of enough seating than on Lordship Lane?

Thanks to all that have responded to my note about setting up a 7aside football team.

I went up to Champions Hill last week to find out how we go about registering a team and also when the next league matches start. The next set of league matches start in February and they said that if I registered a team there and then we might have a chance of getting in for February. So I have registered a team (only hope I can get enough players now) and will organise for all that are interested to meet up for a beer at the EDT either during the first or second week of January.

In the meantime if anyone else is interesed in joining a 7 aside football team then drop me a line.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Simon