LL shop news!

>>Any one checked out the new posh cookery shop near Goose Green roundabout? Opened on Tuesday this week.<<

Well I looked through the window but the shelves seemed fairly bare. Looks like it may be a cross beteween an Elizabeth David-type shop and one similar to the cookshop in Beckenham. Wonder if they will stock "Le Creuset" or AGA pans? B)

The chaps were also planting lots of new saplings along the bottom end of LL too.

The kitchen shop is another welcome addition to ED. It's independently owned and operated by a family living up on Dog Kennel Hill. It's simply something they've wanted to do for a while and have now taken the step.

I went inside on opening day and it's a nice shop. Yes the shelves were a little empty but what do you expect on day 1? All of the stuff in the shop is quality and of course in tradition with an independent local business operating in LL is a bit pricier than your average chain store. A price we ED'ian's should be willing to pay though to keep these types of business in the area and the other type out.

FYI - I read some figures the other day that suggested every ?10 spent in a locally owned and operated store is effectively ?27 invested back into the local community.

Good luck to them.

I will be in there on Saturday to spend a few hard earned notes, even if it is things i don't need.....simply to invest in LL, Local family run businesses and rejoice that an empty shop have been filled with something other than a takeaway.

I've got an idea for a new Lordship Lane shop. The shop would sell only two things: houses and flats. To attract buyers, I'd put photos of the aforementioned properties in the window, and underneath each photo I would put a number between 2 and 9, followed by a large number of zeroes. I'm confident that hundreds of passers by would be magnetically drawn to my window display, and I'd only need a few of them to actually step inside. Frankly I don't think it can fail. I'm surprised nobody has thought of it before.

All the way up Lordship Lane it is true but Paul who runs the flower stall opposite the Harvester is a really nice bloke. He's there all weathers and is very reasonably priced. I bought a load of snowdrops from him this morning and they are FAB.

Quaywe, just wait till you hear my other Dragon's Den beater - I'd set up a shoe shop, but (and here's the killer punch) DON'T PUT ANY shoes on display and keep the prices out of sight. People still numbed by their city bonuses come in to see what it's all about and before they know what's hit them, I've slipped a pair on their feet and stung them for ?300. All I need to do is find an empty shop somewhere trendy, I don't know, maybe North Cross Road?

I'm not looking for people with HUGE city bonuses. There must be a few people who get "small" bonuses, like, I don't know, ?10,000, who live in East Dulwich. They certainly couldn't afford to buy in the Village with bonuses like that. But they could afford a new pair of shoes.