"Save Our Homes" - Dog Kennel Hill

nutty

Demolish the lot I say. If you're unemployed why do you need to live in central London? You can be unemployed bums anywhere. Especially out of London where it's much cheaper for the govt to pay for housing using my taxpayer ???. Replace them all with nice middle class semi's that push the ED property price up further and make me richer!

(a bit of tongue-in-cheek there for those of you about to lash out at me) ;-)

They are no the worst looking block of estates, but all the same, they certainly are not the best. i think the initial proposal, knock a few down, sell to private developers and use that cash to build smarter "non estate" looking flats/houses....although still would prefer a nice park, all private housing or an M&S ;-).

The buildings may have their detractors, but are solid and functional - and have served as comptent family homes fo a long time and could continue to do so , rather than spend on new biuldings with a 20 year life span - this has been a discussion amngst town planners for the past 50 years

Current plans are to trim backl the estate periphery and utilise the cash gained in refurbishing the remaioning blocks

I wonder how many of the Neg comments about the estate on this thread are more of a comment on the inhabitants than the buildings themselves ? tongue n cheek ? Im not entirely sure

As Jeremy states there are a lot worse looking buildings around. I quite like the DKH Estate and I imagine it's a lot more pleasant to live on then some nasty 60s high-rise. Pity so many of them are boarded-up, hopefully it's just a temporary thing.

I'm sure some of the inhabitants are great and I'm sure some of the inhabitants are not so great, pretty much the same as any London street, irrespective of class or race.