Green & Blue Wine Tasting

Not sure wether to start new thread for this or not

Made it to the forum wine-tasting tonight and enjoyed myself for many reasons

a) great to put faces to names

b) Kate did a great job and gave us some great wines, while still making it clear we were in "tip of the iceberg" territory

I think the initial negative comments have long passed into history anyway so some of Kate's defensive words at the beginning seemed to belong in the past, but in actual fact made me glad to have someone SO passionate about what they do around the place. And I didn't realise she lived so far away - I moan about my commute for 8 hours a day and she spends every waking hour here

And she swears well too.. not much, but WELL. There is a difference people

I guess I must have just missed you sean as I arrived just after the formal bits, but everyone seems to have had a really good time (in fact most are still having one down the cherry), and all were really enthusing about the experience.

Good stuff I say, and yes, great to finally meet the likes of Nero, BobbyP and Quaywe, hope to bump into you at one of the forum drinks.

A very pleasant evening in a great venue. Good to meet some of the 'legendary' faces of this forum, Messrs Piers, Huguenot, EDKiwi etc, and to chat to many others. Really liked the most expensive wine we tasted, of course, so yes a very good sales technique. And indulged in one of their pies, which wasn't bad either!

Thanks indeeed to Kate for laying this on and all the best with the expanded business (which was nearly a Starbucks, for those who weren't there! Phew...)

I thought the wine tasting was excellent and very informative. Thank you very much Green and Blue. Although, I have to say that I was mildly disappointed when I found out the fining agent Kate was talking about wasn't "FISH EYES AND GLASS" but FISH ISINGLASS.

Polly, I did ask Kate about a recommendation for you but I've completely forgotten what her answer was. Sorry.

I recevied an email from Kate today saying that she enjoyed meeting interested locals and what fine members of society we all were*. She apologised for... in fact why am I typing this, she can tell you herself

... it was really good to meet a group of interested locals and I look forward to seeing you all again in the future. I am very sorry we could not serve you till 12am - that should be coming soon though, so next time you won't have to move anywhere else.

... if you ever want to do anything like this again, please just let me know and I will arrange it for you. We probably can't offer it completely free next time but we would be very happy to do a very special Forum price for you and your members.

very best wishes,

Kate

And a thank you from me for a good night with good wine and good company, perhaps we'll take her up on her offer in a month or so and have another one

Mark

*I made the "fine members of society" bit up