Where the Barking Dog lives, (I live on Landells Rd)

Does anyone know where the barking dog lives? He's been barking all weekend and is clearly in distress. I live on Landells Rd and cant seem to work out if it's coming from the Crystal Palace Rd end or the Barry Rd end. Being a dog owner myslef I'm just concerned for the dogs welfare.

Well I think it's a real shame that you're putting your dog under even more stress and causing it to be more 'nervy' by having it outisde all weekend barking, the dog has got to be feeling distressed, that's why they bark. I've had dogs all my life and I know that letting them bark continually is one sure way to stress and scar a dog even more. Your dog's actually stressing out my dog, let alone me and I live quite far from you, so I can only feel for your puppy.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Dulwich Park Fairy, why don't you give Rob, AKA - dulwichdogman, a call. You can find him on here. He visited me last week as I had two dogs that just barked at everything. Not anymore, within the hour he had showed me how to take control and be the leader. Totally amazing.

All I think is that you need to address this as its quite inconsiderate to your fellow neighbours. I appreciate you had children over for the weekend but the puppy was barking his very loud head off this morning and then again this evening for quite some time,about an hour I think. We took our dog to bobs for puppy training (number on the this forum), not that he's perfect now but I think as responsible dog owners every little bit of advice helps.

Dulwich Park Fairy: My 10 month old dog wear a calming collar which has helped with his anxieties. He's not perfect but what dog is? He still barks at times (he's a good guard dog) and is boisterous but that's normal behaviour for a young dog but I have definitely believe the collar has helped so may be worth a try. It's called Beaphar Dog Calming Collar and is better than the DAP collar as contains a higher percentage of pheromones. It's totally safe and non threatening to your dog.

Here is a bit of info on it (you can buy online): Beaphar Dog Calming Collar for excitable dogs of all ages, helps reduce excessive barking, destructive behaviour and inappropriate marking, reduces stress during thunderstorms, firework displays, visits to the vet etc. Over a period of 30 days, the collar releases a substance called a 'Pheromone' which helps to calm dogs in a natural way. This collar contains a synthetic form of a pheromone produced by mother dogs which has a calming effect on their puppies. However it continues to have a calming effect throughout a dog's life, helping them feel less apprehensive and so reducing boisterous behaviour. The white coating on the collar is a protecting coat that is designed to wear off quickly allowing the release of the pheromones.

EDresidential Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Please get some training for your dog...her

> barking problem has been going on for months now

> it really isn't fair on your neighbours..I love

> dogs and feel sorry for her, which is the only

> reason I haven't reported this to the council....

-------------------------------------

I'm not sure Dulwich Park Fairys' dog is responsible for the noise you are hearing.

She sounds like a responsible owner to me!?

Jeez

cate Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Is this dog outside in a garden all day? If so,

> that is very cruel and the dog must be lonely, as

> well as cold.

And if not??? Alot of assumptions going on there Cate?

I leave my dog outside most of the day...

He prefers being 'lonely and cold'! :)

I'm not sure if this is the same dog but I'm on Worlingham Road - Crystal Palace road backs onto it and for basically the entire summer months, somebody was letting(locking?) their yappy dog out in the garden during the late afternoon/evening time. And also on weekends.

As it's a bit colder now and our garden is in the middle of a rehaul we don't go out there anymore so not sure if it's actually stopped, pretty annoying though, especially when you're trying to sit outside and enjoy the 'peace', ha!

I thought perhaps the dog owner worked evenings and just let their dog out when they went out... I can't see how they could stay indoors and put up with the noise, it's so irritating!

it doesn't sound like Dulwich park fairy's dog though if she brings it in after 10 minutes! DPF doesn't sound the type to just leave her dog in the garden and go out for the evening!