> The old Woolwich site is being occupied as we

> speak - signs went down a while back and work is

> clearly happening. I THINK it's just another

> estate agent - KFH - but at least it's better

> than an empty shop

Perhaps an Estate Agent specializing in Empty Shops

Quite right Dulwich fox you can't have too much choice,

when it is finally all estate agents they will all go out of business,

because there'll be no reason to shop there, an irony I suspect.

I guess this is an example of how few business oportunities for the entrepreneur in the high street.

Is there any kind of local community - chamber of commerce that acts as a collective in their dealings with the landlords of these premesis on the lane?

Notwithstanding the possible issues associated with Threshers being or having been through administration, one assumes the landlords would be open minded to cheaper terms rather than no tennatns. Of course LS lane is not immune to the macro economic issues, but with such positive feelings in general terms to the gentrification of E Dulwich, this is a potential major banana skin that few of us would benefoit from should it accelerate.

the woolwich site is to be yet another estate agent (thought there was a slowdown in house sales). threshers has a really loony lease condition. it can only be an offie and the flat upstairs must be occupied by the manager. the freeholder is, I gather around 100 years old and clearlt in a world of his own. tannas is attracting internest, but the rent is around ?27k and the rates etc bring it up to some ?32k. you need to sell a lot of anything to make a profit there.

southside73, there is the ssba (South Southwark Business Association) for traders, landlords, professionals, etc, that replaced the other local association a couple of years ago.

In memory of macRoban-

Mens Clothes shop at The Vale, freehold shop for sale around ?100k or to let. Talk to Hindwoods.

Threshers- Apparently rent is now being paid again and the landlord only wants this place to be a wine shop. How strange.

Tanna Chemist ?28k p.a ground floor only, talk to Hindwoods. (Sean and you think the video shop is expensive)

Old video shop around ?60k p.a. This would make a great Hamptons International IMO and before you start throwing your veggies at me they have proven themselves to me and are nice people.:)

KFH mentioned by Sean and someone else.

Iceland-Keep your mitts off.

New Vegetarian South Indian restaurant to be open at the end of the month or beginning of November. Free Tastings outside on Saturdays. (The old Chopsticks)

Rumour of another charity shop (not the one next to the edt). You know how rumours go though just like the so called coffee shop chain to appear on NX rd and didn't happen.

Fortaroma doors are closed but perhaps they are building an extension to the rear.

The cab office did sell. Whole building ?165k freehold through Allsop auction. Good luck with that.

I could mention two other areas of London i work on but this is the ED forum.

• 9 months later...

StraferJack Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Opticians. Notices in the window for weeks

> looking for staff

Thanks for that StraferJack. As I've broken my glasses I was wondering what those notices said.

StraferJack Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Good work pip. I'll tee 'em up, you knock 'em

> outta the park

>

> @rahrahrah. My reply was a bit sharp, but due to

> input device rather than snappiness

:))