Grouse of the day - rubber bands

OutOfFocus

Oh the RUBBER BANDS!! Seriously drives me nuts. They are everywhere! If this was anyone else littering to this extent they would be fined but not the PO. It sounds really insignificant - and probably is - but its one of those things that bugs the heck out of me!

Its like the number 12 bendy bus going up Lordship Lane! Thats not its route!!!!

AND what about those automated check out machines in Somerfield? The are never on!!! "Lane Closed!!!"

Oh I feel so much better now

I'm so glad to see other people have noticed the red rubber bands on the pavement! Everyday there used to be two fresh ones on our front path and so a while ago I started piling them up (a bit sad I know) on the doorstop as a little message to the postie. I'm not sure he (or she) noticed or cared but I have to say I haven't seen them return for a while, or maybe we don't get enough post to warrant bundles!

My Grouse of the day is Estate Agent's 'Sold by' or 'Rented by' boards hanging around like a bad smell after the place's been sold/rented. And oddly enough when you take them down they miraculously resurrect themselves even after the property's been off the market for a while. Do they pay the owner to place their advertising board out the front of their property? Do they knock money off their commission in exchange for placing eye catching adverts outside someone's flat? I don't think so. When a property's on the market fair enough but when it's not, that's just bloomin' cheeky.

Off my chest, out my mind, the day seems so much more approachable...

Kinleigh estate agents were the worst at that. I bought a house, moved in and then 10 days later kinleigh put a for sale sign up. I took it down, they put it back up. They stopped when i rammed the sign through their letter box though.

Direct action brothers.

:-)

Why a grouse? What's wrong with a quail or wood pigeon? Discrimination! Next you will be asking for dedicated grouse-only sessions at Dulwich swimming baths.