Forum Sponsors

https://www.gokayfitness.com/class

http://www.elwyns.com/

www.no-flies.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
The Bishop, The EDT, The Great Exhibition, the Actress or another?
Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 58
messageRe: Dulwich Hamlet
Posted by sheff 24 February, 2018 07:14

Posted by BrandNewGuy 24 February, 2018 10:08

Utterly depressing. Meadow Residential really are the lowest form of pond life. They're not even interested in turning a profit - they clearly want to destroy the football club. I don't want to say "I told you so" but two years ago I made myself very unpopular with the supporters by absolutely rejecting the developers' plans and warning the club that they shouldn't get into bed with these predators. Yes, there were bills that needed paying, but in the long-term, no small football club in London and the southeast has ever benefited from a relationship with predatory property developers.

Please consider donating some money, no matter how small, to the 12th Man fund Ė all of which goes to pay for the football club and none of which benefits the ground's owners:
[www.paypal.me]

Posted by almost peckham 24 February, 2018 10:54

To be clear, Legacy are a property development company co-owned by Rio Ferdinand. Who knows if they are 'predatory' but I don't think this is Rio as an altruistic good-guy individual wanting to bail out the club.

Posted by nxjen 25 February, 2018 05:12

I thought some Hamlet fans might be interested to see this postcard from 1926 on eBay?

[www.ebay.co.uk]

Posted by GriffDHFC 25 February, 2018 07:52

Understandably people will be wary once the words property developers rear their ugly head. I could say The Legacy Foundation is different but Iíll let you be the judge of that. [legacyfoundation.co.uk]

Posted by sunbob 27 February, 2018 20:55

almost peckham Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello
>
> can any of the football followers shine a light on
> why some of the ground has been fenced off? Large
> wooden hoardings where the car wash people used to
> park up in their campers and a long run of metal
> security fencing in the road behind the smaller
> stand.

Today I noticed that the footpath through there has had the signage removed too. The blue cycle path signposts are gone and the picture of a bike on the hazard triangle has been erased. There are gates waiting to be closed at each end also (were they there before?). Does anyone know if it is actually a right of way?

Posted by GriffDHFC 28 February, 2018 09:38

Canít believe even Meadow would be dumb enough to block off a right of way that isnít even within the footprint of the ground! Most likely the start of the Greendale amelioration works that the fences set up by our property development friends were designed to hinder.

Posted by Laddy Muck 28 February, 2018 13:14

It feels grim and uninviting...especially with the rushed black-painted hoarding.

Posted by GriffDHFC 28 February, 2018 14:00

Think of it as a blank canvas for any budding local urban artists! Meadow tear down that wall!

Posted by mikeb 02 March, 2018 09:30

Feels a bit chilling to think that this could be the last season for DHFC at Champion Hill after 125 years.

Posted by BrandNewGuy 02 March, 2018 12:21

GriffDHFC Wrote:
> Canít believe even Meadow would be dumb enough to
> block off a right of way that isnít even within
> the footprint of the ground! Most likely the start
> of the Greendale amelioration works that the
> fences set up by our property development friends
> were designed to hinder.

I think the right of way is only a footpath, not legally anything wider. And yes, the council's immediate plan for the astroturf is to make it safe. Replacing it depends on the ongoing relationship with the club.

Posted by Sporthuntor 02 March, 2018 13:43

Game tomorrow is off...no surprise really!

[twitter.com]

Posted by BrandNewGuy 04 March, 2018 09:30

A new group, Save Dulwich Hamlet, has been set up specifically to coordinate activities to help the club survive. There's a supporters' day of action planned for March 17th, when DHFC play Worthing at home. Here are the group's Facebook and Twitter details:
[www.facebook.com]
[twitter.com]

Posted by Laddy Muck 04 March, 2018 11:55

Thanks BNG...posted and shared the FB link...

Posted by BrandNewGuy 04 March, 2018 21:12

From the Save Dulwich Hamlet Facebook page:
"So here we go. The first of our supporter actions to help save Dulwich Hamlet Football Club will be a rally and March before the Worthing game at home on Saturday 17th March.
We'll kick off at Goose Green in East Dulwich at 12.30pm. We'll make a song and dance, listen to a few speakers and then make the short noisy march to Champion Hill.
Put it in your diaries. Much more to follow.
We want everybody there. It's a protest but also a statement of what we are all about as a club. Bring your pink and blue colours, musical instruments, face paints, balloons and banners.
It will be a family-friendly occasion so do bring the kids. Much more detail to follow over the next two weeks. Let's do this.
Give us a follow over on Twitter - @savedhfc - and look out for news of a brand new website in the next few days."

Posted by BrandNewGuy 05 March, 2018 23:53

Things are moving fast.... Earlier this evening, council leader Peter John tweeted that the property developers had served notice of eviction on the club. But now this, on the agenda for the next LBS cabinet meeting on the 13th Ė a really positive piece of news:

"30.Acquisition of Champion Hill, Edgar Kail Way SE22
To approve the acquisition of land at the Champion Hill stadium site, Edgar Kail Way for the purposes as to part of the site of housing delivery and the associated funding requirement as set out in the closed version of this report.
To authorise the director of regeneration to negotiate the purchase of the site and agree detailed heads of terms in line with the principal terms set out in the closed version of this report.
Supporting documents:
Report: Acquisition of Champion Hill, Edgar Kail Way SE22 , item 30. pdf icon PDF 81 KB
Appendix 1: Plan of Champion Hill Stadium Site, Edgar Kail Way , item 30. pdf icon PDF 692 KB

[moderngov.southwark.gov.uk]

Posted by eastdulwichhenry 06 March, 2018 10:10

What is the council and the supporters trust's end game here? I have this feeling that the issue of building a stadium on Greendale is going to come up yet again if they are successful in their bid to wrest control of the current ground from Meadow, leaving local residents once more faced with losing local wild land.

It's all a bit of a farce when they so recently set out their plans to work with Friends of Greendale and the local community to protect and make safe that vital piece of Metropolitan Open Land.

I wish DHFC all the best, but it should be on their current stadium, not encroaching on to one of the few pieces of open land still left in the area.

Posted by BrandNewGuy 06 March, 2018 11:21

No, the club has no intention of building on Green Dale. If the council can help them stay where they are, they will be more than happy. And the council have always been opposed to building on Green Dale.

messageRe: Dulwich Hamletattachment
Posted by ed_pete 06 March, 2018 16:55

Seen this ? Attempt to trademark hamlet name.

[twitter.com]

Attachments: IMG_20180306_165123.jpg (136.4KB)  
Posted by Alan Medic 06 March, 2018 17:00

Yeah. It's disgusting and petty and I hope no one pays attention to it.

Posted by Laddy Muck 06 March, 2018 19:23

Contemptible, underhanded and cuntish. Surprised "Pink and Blues" isn't on that list. FFS.

Posted by JoeLeg 06 March, 2018 19:40

That's just vile. I only hope that the attendant bad publicity will be enough to make them realise they've f'ed up.

Posted by Mugglesworth 06 March, 2018 20:34

Dulwich Hamlet forced out of Champion Hill home as row with stadium owners escalates - [www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by tiddles 06 March, 2018 21:45

This is outrageous. Can we not just undertake a campaign of email by all of us concerned to meadow residential
Direct. They have a website and a phone number to call. Why not just letís all call them direct as concerned people from the area they promote (south east London)
Perhaps if there are enough of us locals proving to be a massive pain in The **se it may make them consider how important our local team is.

Posted by Burbage 06 March, 2018 21:51

JoeLeg Wrote:
> That's just vile. I only hope that the attendant
> bad publicity will be enough to make them realise
> they've f'ed up.

Pull the other one.

Greendales IP LLC is registered at "The Corporation Trust Company, Corporation Trust Centre, 1209 Orange Street, Wilmington, New Castle Country, Delaware 1, United States of America". In other words, it's a brass plate in a tax haven. 'Bad publicity' won't touch it, much as it never touched the landowners (IIRC, Greendale Property, reg. in Isle or Man, ownership uncertain, but which has a controlling interest in Champion Hill Investments Ltd, which has many of the same directors as all the little Hadleys).

Moreover, Greendales IP LLC legally and properly registered "DHFC" and "The Hamlet" on 17th October 2017, using the same firm of lawyers, so it's not as if this wasn't premeditated, or a rash lapse of judgement on either part. This is all very deliberate.

Whether Meadow knew about this isn't clear, though it does depend on who they're working for. Some of the previous owners of the land haven't been entirely straightforward (this, this and this make interesting reading) and, as we don't who owns Greendale Property, we don't know they're not still the same people. Bankruptcy, suspicion of fraud and outright disappearance might suggest it's not but, judging by the City pages, those are no bar to a career as a 'wealth creator'.

However, it's wise to give them the benefit of the doubt. What happens next is anyone's guess. But Peter John, the Leader of our Council, appears to be up to the challenge, hinting at buying them out, and thus may find a way to rescue them. After all, he's done more than most to help Australian property developers, and the Isle of Man's much closer to home.

Posted by Laddy Muck 06 March, 2018 22:02

The Independent: [www.independent.co.uk]

Posted by Bic Basher 06 March, 2018 23:37

So are we looking at Cllr John buying the stadium from Meadow, then selling it for a loss to Legacy like they did with the Heygate Estate?

Posted by Laddy Muck 07 March, 2018 08:07

Just to throw in some good news...the Pink and Blues are TOTL! Personally, I am amazed, given the enormous stress they must be under.

Posted by Alan Medic 07 March, 2018 08:16

Seems Billericay have now lost 4 games in a row. Hopefully that run will continue as they have games in hand.

Posted by Jess85 07 March, 2018 08:49

See the local football clubs piece in Time out yesterday? Good to see DHFC in there, anything that can raise awareness!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 58

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum