Forum Sponsors

https://www.gokayfitness.com/class

Your Local Personal Trainer

Professional Carpet Cleaning at an affordable price - A & M Carpet Care

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354...LastNext
Current Page: 49 of 58
messageRe: Dulwich Hamlet
Posted by Sue 07 March, 2018 09:17

Bic Basher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So are we looking at Cllr John buying the stadium
> from Meadow, then selling it for a loss to Legacy
> like they did with the Heygate Estate?

I understood a well known footballer (Rio Ferdinand? I don't know footballers' names!) was trying to buy the land, and has already offered ten million pounds, but Meadow are not responding to his attempts to contact them.

And to be fair it seems to me that the council are being very supportive and doing their best to help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2018:03:07:09:18:29 by Sue.

Posted by intexasatthe moment 07 March, 2018 09:32

"Dulwich, who are exploring options to groundshare at other south London clubs as they seek to fulfil their remaining six home games this season, remain of interest to Rio Ferdinand’s affordable housing group, Legacy Foundation. The former England defender, who hails from nearby Peckham and is a close friend of the Dulwich manager, Gavin Rose, had proposed a development in compliance with Southwark Council’s requirements with a £10m bid lodged with Meadow before Christmas. That was rejected, with subsequent efforts to re-enter negotiations having come to nothing."

[www.theguardian.com]

Posted by EDOldie 07 March, 2018 09:35

I wouldn't normally watch Billericay TV but,

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by JohnL 07 March, 2018 10:09

So are Billericay on a losing streak now.

Posted by rendelharris 07 March, 2018 13:07

Posted by Laddy Muck 07 March, 2018 13:12

thumbs up

Posted by Mugglesworth 07 March, 2018 16:05

Dulwich Hamlet: Sadiq Khan calls on Champion Hill owners to sell ground - [www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by snathani 07 March, 2018 16:12

Feels like Meadow will keep hold of the site out of spite... Can council/government do a compulsory purchase, does anyone know?

Posted by JohnL 07 March, 2018 16:35

Posted by intexasatthe moment 07 March, 2018 20:41

looks like a lengthy procedure with lots of scope for appeal by Meadow .

I guess Southwark would cite building council homes and keeping the club as reasons ,

"Legislation in England and Wales gives many authorised bodies (referred to in this booklet as
“acquiring authorities”) the power to acquire land compulsorily where the landowner or occupier is
not willing to sell by agreement. "

"Compulsory purchase powers are provided to enable acquiring authorities to compulsorily
purchase land to carry out a function which Parliament has decided is in the public interest"

[www.gov.uk]

Posted by Laddy Muck 07 March, 2018 20:57

Alan Medic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Seems Billericay have now lost 4 games in a row.
> Hopefully that run will continue ...

smileys with beer

Posted by Sqiggles 08 March, 2018 18:23

Does anyone have a contact name for DHFC. I may have a suggestion of who might be able to help the club out.

Posted by BrandNewGuy 08 March, 2018 18:37

I've PM'd you.

Posted by ed_pete 08 March, 2018 19:32

Helen Hayes is intending on a parliamentary debate

[twitter.com]

Posted by BrandNewGuy 10 March, 2018 10:51

If the developers go through with their eviction threat, Dulwich Hamlet will be playing their remaining 'home' games this season at Tooting & Mitcham's ground. Traditional rivals they might be ("Thieves & Muggers"), but good on them.

Posted by JohnL 10 March, 2018 11:54

I went to the Streatham Rovers twitter page to ask them why they were so mean about sharing The Greyhound

LOL smiling smiley

Posted by Ruffler 10 March, 2018 13:10

Protest next Saturday [m.facebook.com]

Posted by Laddy Muck 10 March, 2018 20:53

Now in the Law Society Gazette (thanks for the tip - Bookworm)...

[www.lawgazette.co.uk]

Posted by mikeb 11 March, 2018 18:15

Very interesting comments under the Law Gazette article

Posted by AGW3 12 March, 2018 11:48

And another one
[www.rollonfriday.com]

Posted by JohnL 12 March, 2018 12:23

It's rebounded on Blake Morgan - who seem to have south wales origins it seems sad smiley

Although there seems to be some signs of compromise

[www.londonnewsonline.co.uk]

Edit: thinking again is this compromise - or what Meadow wanted originally and have tried to make seem like a compromise position through recent actions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2018:03:12:13:12:34 by JohnL.

Posted by BrandNewGuy 12 March, 2018 13:19

This so-called compromise (ie, threaten all manner of nasty stuff and then row back a bit) is already dead in the water – Southwark Council won't give Green Dale to them and the Supporters Trust has said that 'there can be no future for any development involving Meadow at Champion Hill'.

Posted by Cora 12 March, 2018 17:52

They are right now putting a solid fence along the back....making a thin pathway on a major walkway from Bessemer Grange School.....means the path will be without street lighting in an area already highlighted for potential crime....These people are mean....winding up the local community...crap public relations....all these primary kids wondering what's going on....'oh just the mean developers from Meadow wanting to build on your park, put up fences and in the process of kicking out your local football team'.....hopefully it will feed into their wider education...

Posted by Amanda1979 12 March, 2018 19:01

Sorry, why will there be no Street lighting?

I think blocking that road and the entrance to the astroturf is disgusting. It is just inconveniencing residents and surely they need to keep residents on side? I assume Meadow are running into the ground so it is worthless so they can build on it but there is no way residents are going to support that with the way they are trying to hold the community to randsom... serious toys being thrown out of pram childish behaviour!

Posted by almost peckham 12 March, 2018 19:24

From how Meadow are regarding what they view as 'their property' I am assuming this is the building line they would have adopted in reality if people would have swallowed the utter bollocks they proposed about a 'linear park'in their planning application to keep Greendale connected to St. Francis.

Posted by Cora 12 March, 2018 22:06

Amanda, the lights face onto the area that will be behind the fence, there is no lighting on the actual path area...

Posted by Amanda1979 12 March, 2018 22:19

The lampposts are sited in the pavement so should be fine... I hope! Plus they are still using the metal fencing so they let the light through.... or at least that's what they were securing to the posts when we went past earlier.

Posted by Blah Blah 13 March, 2018 18:48

On the news now. Council are going to try and force Meadow to sell the land to the council, with a CPO being the last resort. Meadow can't win on this.

Posted by AGW3 13 March, 2018 21:54

Meadow will lose out in the long run becuase they're being so bloody awkward erecting fences and barriers around the ground and they're alienating the local community who are now firmly on the club's side.

Posted by Laddy Muck 14 March, 2018 00:03

From DHFC's FB page:

"BREAKING:

The Southwark Council cabinet has voted unanimously to release funds to attempt to acquire Champion Hill to provide social housing for the borough, and safeguard the future of @DulwichHamletFC.

We urge Meadow to enter negotiations swiftly so we can return home.

Note: Social Housing would be provided on the current site of the ‘car wash’ car park, and the stadium would be protected from any future housing development. "

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2018:03:14:00:07:20 by Laddy Muck.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354...LastNext
Current Page: 49 of 58

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum