Forum Sponsors

All Round Renovation

https://www.gokayfitness.com/3-months-body-transformation

www.takeflightacademy.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Coffee tastes best at... Blue Mountain? Caffe Nero? The East Dulwich Cafe?
Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4849505152535455565758Next
Current Page: 54 of 58
messageRe: Dulwich Hamlet
Posted by Bic Basher 24 October, 2018 19:05

ITV News report.

[youtu.be]

Posted by Amanda1979 24 October, 2018 19:23

Yay re the club coming home but boo re housing plans... the travel infrastructure cannot support another 200 homes. Grrrr

Posted by SoozieW 25 October, 2018 16:47

Awesome news that they are coming home. I've only been to see them twice in Mitcham so looking forward to seeing them more regularly.

Posted by IlonaM 26 October, 2018 09:12

Made the Long Read in today's Guardian:

[www.theguardian.com]

Posted by eastdulwichhenry 26 October, 2018 10:47

This is good news for the club, certainly, and will be good to have them playing back where they belong.

As a local resident I do worry about what concessions the council may have offered Meadow though, particularly regarding the Greendale space. It doesn't seem like Meadow are the kind of outfit that would have given up in with no promises on housing or development. In the Evening Standard article [www.standard.co.uk] it says that "Hamlet are now quietly confident for the future but are aware that Meadow Partners will put in another planning application for the site in future". What does this mean? Is there any way for us to get insight into the details of the deal, and whether any planning sweeteners were thrown in?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2018:10:26:10:48:47 by eastdulwichhenry.

Posted by Abe_froeman 26 October, 2018 15:33

"Is there any way for us to get insight into the details of the deal, and whether any planning sweeteners were thrown in? "You could send a freedom of information act request, I guess.

I will ask our local Councillor too on his thread no here!

Posted by Abe_froeman 26 October, 2018 15:33

"Is there any way for us to get insight into the details of the deal, and whether any planning sweeteners were thrown in? "You could send a freedom of information act request, I guess.

I will ask our local Councillor too on his thread on here!

Posted by AGW3 08 November, 2018 22:49

It's been a while since I posted on this thread, so I may as well bung on something useful: [www.pitchero.com]

Posted by Amanda1979 09 November, 2018 06:19

If the first game is Sunday 11th does that mean the fences outside the ground are going to be coming down does anyone know?

Posted by YTC 09 November, 2018 12:14

Hamlet are in Torquay on Sunday (11th).

Provisional date for first game will be Dec 1st, but this is subject to change.

Fingers crossed on the fencing.

Posted by RBtheCatman 09 November, 2018 16:00

Those fences are an absolute disgrace.

Posted by Eggybread 09 November, 2018 23:03

What’s happening to the ground! Ive seen some pathways being built to it in the last couple of weeks?

Posted by WomblingFree 15 November, 2018 07:36

From the QI twitter feed yesterday:

"Dulwich Hamlet F.C. fans like to distract the opposing goalkeeper by reading aloud his old Facebook posts."

Have any of you witnessed this? Did it work?

Posted by YTC 16 November, 2018 14:51

It's normally tweets, and I gets a reaction.

messageRe: Dulwich Hamletattachment
Posted by BrandNewGuy 22 November, 2018 12:33

I write the crossword for the local "Dulwich Diverter" paper and I thought DHFC fans might like my latest offering – see the first answer across. If you look at the second and third answers across, you'll find a message smiling smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit was 2018:11:22:12:38:13 by BrandNewGuy.

Attachments: Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 12.13.31.jpg (288.9KB)  
Posted by ED Light 22 November, 2018 14:09

Nice!!!

Posted by Laddy Muck 22 November, 2018 14:12

Tee hee - I love it, BNG. Very creative, and I especially like the way you have included the "anti-heroes" too @ 9 across - very clever.

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

Posted by BrandNewGuy 23 November, 2018 12:30

Dulwich Hamlet return to Champion Hill on Boxing Day! This just announced:

"Dulwich Hamlet Football Club and Dulwich Hamlet Supporters’ Trust are pleased to announce a hat trick of games to celebrate our return to Champion Hill with the first home league game confirmed as our Boxing Day fixture against Eastbourne Borough at 3pm on Wednesday December 26, 2018 closely followed by two more, against Slough Town at 3pm on Saturday December 29, 2018 and then against Bath City at 3pm on Saturday January 5, 2019."

There had been hopes to 'come home' for the Torquay United game on December 1st, but questions of crowd size, ticketing and stewarding means that game will be the last one played at Tooting & Mitcham FC.

It's possible that there might be an earlier game at Champion Hill in the FA Trophy on December 15th, but that would mean beating Welling Utd away this Saturday in the previous round and then getting a home draw.

Posted by The Dulwich Raider 27 November, 2018 16:02

The FA Trophy game on December 15th is now confirmed as an away fixture so it is confirmed...

The first DHFC game back at Champion Hill will be on Boxing Day, 3pm.

Look forward to seeing old friends and new.

TDR

Posted by diable rouge 16 December, 2018 15:52

The Dulwich Raider Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The FA Trophy game on December 15th is now
> confirmed as an away fixture so it is
> confirmed...

Goalmouth scramble footage from the game makes it onto the BBC website...[www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by offspinner 17 December, 2018 22:10

We were hoping to go to the Boxing Day match, but online tickets are sold out. Can anyone advise on how easy or otherwise it will be to get in on the day?

Posted by DHFC 17 December, 2018 22:52

Tickets are on sale from the club bar from 5pm to 11pm all week.

Cash only

There will be tickets held back for the day but easiest way to get in is by buying a ticket or season ticket.

Posted by YTC 17 December, 2018 23:45

5-11pm Monday - Thursday.

Then there will be some tickets held back on the day, but will be first come first served from 12pm.

Posted by offspinner 18 December, 2018 00:23

Thanks. Sounds like a trip to the bar will be in order!

Posted by Jess85 22 December, 2018 11:41

Husband has just seen tickets for the boxing day game on see tickets at £13 each but you have to take the printout copy to get in.. are they usually that much and for sale on see tickets?!

Posted by Amanda1979 22 December, 2018 11:46

The website says this "Online tickets for our Boxing Day game against Eastbourne Borough have now SOLD OUT

Tickets will be on sale from the Club Bar from 5pm-11pm Monday to Thursday this week.

"

Posted by Jess85 22 December, 2018 11:49

They aren't selling them at the bar anymore

Posted by YTC 22 December, 2018 16:21

Tickets are £12 Adults, £5 concessions.

Tickets are no longer available at the ground but a small nuber back on seetickets (which add an 80p charge to sell the tickets)

[www.seetickets.com]

There will be a limited amount available on the turnstiles on boxing Day from 12pm, first come, first served!

Posted by Bic Basher 24 December, 2018 22:55

Hamlet in the news again, on ITV this afternoon.

[youtu.be]

Posted by AGW3 26 December, 2018 16:22

Just heard what sounded like a goal from the Sainsburys car park!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4849505152535455565758Next
Current Page: 54 of 58

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum