Clarence dumps on Goose Green and leaves it there

Mark

I just saw Clarence (the dog from the Bishop) have a sh*t on Goose Green and the person who was walking him, bald bloke wearing long shorts, just left it there, steaming away about 6ft from a dog pooh bin.

We all complain about dog poo, but how about we also treat spitting in the street and dropping litter with the same amount of contempt. I find all such habits disgusting and I think it is the responsibility of each individual, whether they be a dog owner, a person carrying litter or someone with a gob full of saliva, to do the appropriate thing and stop being so bloody anti social and lazy!

Perhaps not in the immediate it isnt no, but in the long term it certainly is, and once a person has a bad habit they tend to stick to it. I often feel sick walking down the street seeing people spitting out chewing gum and flem filled saliva mouthfulls straight onto the street. Heaven forbid I ever fall over on the street, I will probably have to be put into isolation for a week with people spraying me with all sorts of things.

• 3 weeks later...
I spoke recently to CLarence and he had a very hang-dog expression on his face. He wishes to point out that the bald bloke is completely innocent and that he is entirely to blame. After all, if we can't be responsible for our own turds what can we be responsible for? He said he had been trying a new variety of dog-food and that he had a sudden urge before he knew what was happening. Won't happen again, he assures me.

• 3 weeks later...
Is there anybody who uses this forum who thinks being plain rude (I have been called: BALD, a C*** and a W@nker) is this an acceptable medium of communication ? This is delightful. I wish i had found the chatroom earlier. Tom ,perhaps you should do a little more indepth research before you ghost my autobiography working title 'nasty big man who drives a scary car, who smells' (should be out in all good bookshops by christmas). To everyone else on the site with manners , I apologise unreservedly about my failure to track my VERY VERY fast dog's every single move.

Hi Scott, sorry you caught the backlash on this one - the forum can reflect real life, so I'm sure if you hear guys being abusive in a pub, you'll read them here too! Sticks and stones and all that...!

Ideas get conflated in the heat of a moment. I once got accused of being homophobic, and since that was felt to be the case I was told I must be a racist too... ;-)

Mostly it's good fun, and there's a strong sense of community that a lot of local traders make use of! It's usually honest healthy feedback.

PS If you do a search on the Bishop you'll see me moaning about the amount of rubbish you used to heap on the pavement outside your back door - I'm glad you sorted it. I still hope that you'll find a way to recycle the huge quantity of cardboard packing cases you get through though!

A quick swizz and apart from Tom's comment which isn't very nice, the tone of this thread isn't too bad really. Someone even says your dog brings a touch of class to the green, which is nice.

I think sometimes people forget that this isn't some sort of club sitting by the swings chatting over a fag. What is posted stays there for good and completely in the public eye, so yes Scott, perhaps we all should remember that a little more often and civility costs nothing.

I worry sometimes that Mr Nesbitt will read this forum, he's been called far worse things Scott, believe you me and we really don't know him from Adam.

scott Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> To everyone else on the site with

> manners , I apologise unreservedly about my

> failure to track my VERY VERY fast dog's every

> single move.

I'm sorry that people have resorted to name-calling, but by resorting to a tongue-in-cheek remark, with no sign of a genuine apology, you're not doing yourself any favours. Surely you can understand people's frustration at dog poo left in public spaces?