Bombay Bicycle Club

I hope you have a better experience than me. I ordered on line from BBC a month or so ago and was very disappointed, i booked my 30 min slot which was an hour away as that was all that was available, and then had to wait another half hour on top of the hour and a half i had already waited, as they were running late. 2 hours later, despite me adding delivery instructions to find my house on the on line section they never passed this on the the delivery guy who called me about 3 times. I agree with blinder 999 i didnt like the popadoms, or the mango chutney. I went for a medium curry of some kind and it was bland beyond belief, my boyfriend went for a hot dish which he also found bland. oh and perhaps slightly over priced. I will stick to pistachio club.

Asset, won't be much comfort to you, but our experience last night of Bombay Bicycle Club was quite different. Ordered online, got a confirmation email, a phone call to say they were running 10 minutes late or so, and the food actually turned up 15 minutes ahead of the end of the time slot.

That said, experience of the food was a bit mixed - the prawn curry was lovely and spicy - the chicken a lot more bland. The daal was excellent. Also agree with others that the naan bread isn't up to much. Would give it another try but have had better.

The poppadoms from BBC are the type my mum has used for years. You can easily do them yourself as they are available at asian supermarkets (I work in Tooting and have bought them there for my mum). You can either shallow fry them or for a lower fat option brush or spray them with oil and microwave them.

I'm sure all curry houses ahave bad days and unfortunately our experience was one of them.

Got the brochure through the door and had hear about another branch of this restaurant elsewhere in London with good reports.

Called up for curry on phone and was advised 50 mins, bit of a wait but let's be flexible.

Waited 50 and strolled up.

Will be another 10.

Waited, outside, back in.

Will be another 10.

Waited, outside, back in....

almost an hour late and close to the point of not fancying a curry too late in the evening.

Eventually my ?45 worth of curry was ready.

I was fortunate to get two free popadoms for my trouble (would have preferred the hour+ of my life back though !) found out later they were stale.

When I mentioned to the girl on the till that it's really going to help their customers if they think carefully about how the order book looks before advising customers when to expect their food she just said it's only a few mins what's the problem, chill out.

The PROBLEM was the food was hot to cold in varying degrees, the korma was pretty appalling/ bland, the pakora and other items that come battered were soggy and cold (probably had been cooked first then deteriorated whilst waiting for rest of food to be cooked). I asked for enough rice for two but got enough for one (going by quantities every other curry houes in LL works by).

I haven't written my complaint letter yet but will follow-up soon.

Obviously this may have just happened to me only, but the place looked like it was run by some kids while parents were away.

I would try again, if every curry house in SE22, SE15, SE5 was shut down.

Nice carrier bag though.