Re: East Dulwich property prices

Guest Longlad

• 1 month later...

Longlad Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Remortgaging, and investing in more property is

> the best way to cash in on rising house prices I

> would say

Ups and downs. no bleating should it all go wrong again.

Actually what needs to happen is a decision by every single person NOT to make money out of property anymore. If every person individually realised that they had the power to stop banks, building societies and each other making it harder to by property and make the rich/poor gap higher then what a wonderful and enlightened nation we would live in. I want to start a campaign to make it happen

Jamie, I don't think you'd have to take on something that involves such an unworkable personal commitment to restructure the housing market.

The easiest solution would be to ban multiple home ownership.

The only problem with the housing crash that would immediately follow would be the the complete collapse of our economy, mass unemployment, riots, starvation and the end of society as we know it.

Irritating, but not necessarily a bad thing. Just warn me first so I can go somewhere else? :))

Ahhh the fear that the banks create is powerful but they will lose there grip soon.

And why not strive for peace and happiness.....are we all too jaded by "reality" to actually bother changing our own personal choices anymore. A crash is never going to happen as its not in anyone's interest and if it did so what...we consume less, live a bit more sensibly and within the means that the planet supplies and once we get over the fear that has been instilled in us from our many births maybe we might learn to live from our hearts more and appreciate the fact that we are here at all.

(by the way this sounds a bit angry when written as the enthusiam can't be potrayed in a bit of text very well but actually I'm really inspired by life at the moment)

Peace love and only buy one house each.....or if you have the money give a spare house to a friend that cannot afford it! lalala happy happy :))

Banning multiple ownership would be a very good idea - but it's not gonna happen.

Not making money on a property would put me off studying and working, I would move into a council flat on the East Dulwich Estate and play games all day. Profit on selling a house is one of the few ways one can make a little stash - legally. It wouldn't work anyway.

As a choice then, rather than living and finding something useful and fufiling to do you would choose to play games all day? (not judging just making an observation)

I reckon that probably 80% of people in the UK might choose this too but what would happen if you didn't have enough electricity or even better you thought about how destructive a TV, video games etc is to communities. I've just got rid of my TV and at first I didn't know what to do with my rest time. Now I find more time to spend with my woman (which is of a higher quality), I went to 2 concerts last week, one classical, one rock n roll. I've seen some friends and I have had time to read and think about life. One week in and I feel better than I have done in years.......

The point being that we live in a world where routine and a set of control mechanisms means we are caught in an unending cycle that is based on a flawed and outdated ideas. If everyone became inspired to spend more time outside, communicating, changing their life perspective then maybe people would choose not to buy multiple houses and create personal wealth but instead think more about community wealth and world wealth.

I think this is happening at the moment and hopeful we will get there one day

Jamie Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> As a choice then, rather than living and finding

> something useful and fufiling to do you would

> choose to play games all day? (not judging just

> making an observation)

>

> I reckon that probably 80% of people in the UK

> might choose this too but what would happen if you

> didn't have enough electricity or even better you

> thought about how destructive a TV, video games

> etc is to communities. I've just got rid of my TV

> and at first I didn't know what to do with my rest

> time. Now I find more time to spend with my woman

> (which is of a higher quality), I went to 2

> concerts last week, one classical, one rock n

> roll. I've seen some friends and I have had time

> to read and think about life. One week in and I

> feel better than I have done in years.......

> The point being that we live in a world where

> routine and a set of control mechanisms means we

> are caught in an unending cycle that is based on a

> flawed and outdated ideas. If everyone became

> inspired to spend more time outside,

> communicating, changing their life perspective

> then maybe people would choose not to buy multiple

> houses and create personal wealth but instead

> think more about community wealth and world

> wealth.

>

> I think this is happening at the moment and

> hopeful we will get there one day

Word Jamie.

No, I would rather earn my own wealth but if someone says you can't sell your house with profit, it kind of defeats the purpose of owning a house.

What you said gave me the impression that you feel your lifestyle is constantly measured against others and constantly compared. You got rid of your TV to break the cycle.

I have a TV but I don't watch it all day. If a mate asks me to go out somewhere, its not like I would say no, im watching TV. I much prefer to do community activities than sit at home. You don't need to do such extreme things. The only routine I have is work, everything else is easily managed through a little self control.

Community wealth sounds like a good thing, does that mean you would give ?50 of your own money directly to some kid from a council estate? We already have community wealth in the form of tax and benefits.

Dany Wrote:

> Community wealth sounds like a good thing, does

> that mean you would give ?50 of your own money

> directly to some kid from a council estate? We

> already have community wealth in the form of tax

> and benefits.

dany dany dany,

Why use as an example " some kid from a council estate " ?

is there something intrinsically wrong or evil about coming from a "council estate" ?

please do tell.

bated breath etc .

We just don't watch much, and occasionally stay up if something good is on.

Picture me sitting up, faced washed and in my jammies, watching Ugly Betty ready to go straight to bed the moment the credits roll. It's tragic but true.