A police helicopter hovers low over ED and no thread?!

Break in - they arrested a man in my house who had broken in through 2 lots of doors and calmly walked into the kitchen where my husband was. He had broken in to hid from the police who were searching in the street. Police and SOCOs very good - lots of fingerprints everywhere

Pugwash Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Break in - they arrested a man in my house who had

> broken in through 2 lots of doors and calmly

> walked into the kitchen where my husband was. He

> had broken in to hid from the police who were

> searching in the street. Police and SOCOs very

> good - lots of fingerprints everywhere

Oh gosh! Sorry to hear about your husband's terrible experience. Must have been frightening. Glad to hear police response was good.

Not spooked at all - hubby rang me up at work to tell me about it. I was yelling down the phone - what have they taken, how much damage, 10 coppers, a police dog and a helicopter!!!! - were the police armed?. My colleagues were gathered around and told me to go home an hour and half early.

Seems the guy has been charged with burglary, he had about 4/5 bottles of vodka. Hubby was not frightened and just amazed that the bloke just looked at him and went to wash his hands in the kitchen sink. Our builder came around tonight and quickly assessed the damage and will give a quote for repairs. It exposed what were weak links in our security ( something that my hubby has always said was my imagination) and I have now been proved right. Hubby very cool and calm about things and acted appropriately according to the police.

Pugwash this must have been awful for you and your husband for the guy to have ended up in your kitchen. The guy initially had a go at smashing our front window with a brick several times to get in the house, then when challenged (as people were in) mumbled 'sorry', left behind an empty bottle of Port and an empty can of lager then just shambled up the street and went on to break into/ attempt to break into a few more homes, pausing only to be sick down an alleyway, my builder in hot pursuit having alerted the police. My daughter got a cut leg from the resulting glass debris and of course we were left with having to replace the glass in the window but I dread to think of what would have happened had he got in. Well done to your husband for staying so level-headed.

Thanks ,I'e recently had to deal with an intruder - stroppy teenager in a relative's back garden - and I can see that I need to work at the remaining calm bit .

Afraid it's not my default setting ,but I can see ( hindsight and all that ) how much better I could have handled the situation deploying that advice .

( tho I know it sounds obvious ,it's just not how you naturally feel in those circumstances )