Coriander

Keef

(tu) I know we've done the curry house thing before, but just thought I'd chip in to say that I went to Coriander last night for the first time, and was very impressed!

Menu has a lot of "chef's special" dishes on it, as opposed to just the usual suspects (they do them too). Food took a while to come, but when it did, it was clear that it was all very fresh, and had just been cooked, rather than taken from the freezer and heated up (which I'm convinced happens in some of the others).

I had Lamb Chop Masala which was very nice. Mrs Keef had the Vegetable Thali, and said that everything on it was lovely!

Bill was very reasonable to I thought.

Anyway, I shall be going back there, it was very good! (tu)

Me and Mrs Rob went to Dulwich Tandoori - the "vintage" looking one next to Somerfield - a month or so ago and it was great. Always avoided it before, but the food was very good and the service quick and friendly.

It's very difficult to not get a good curry on Lordship Lane. As there are seven curry houses on the street, the standard and quality of food and service is very high as obviously there is a lot of competition. This link is making me hungry. I may well be going for a Ruby tonight and will wash it all down with lashings of Cobra. Marvellous!:)-D

Coriander is one of my faves, too. Tried Chandri at W Dulwich station on Saturday and was v impressed. Cheaper than most and decent decor, good service and Bangla beer - that's a new one on me! BTW it is always empty on Sunday nights, which always makes me wonder why it stays open on the week's most non-curry-eating night. (Unless of course you know better!) Nero

Er, to be fair, I hadn't intended to start up another discussion on the best curry house, I was just saying that having never been there before, I thought The Coriander was good.

Might be worth mentioning, that the forum is getting new users all the time, and they probably can't be arsed reading ever thread (I know I wouldn't), so there's bound to be some repitition! You could always just NOT READ IT!