street lights in the SE15/SE22 area

nice forum Mr Collins by the way......

Does anyone know the reason that the street lights in Peckham are brighter and nicer looking than those in East Dulwich and Camberwell? Is it crime related? or perhaps a wonderful initiative from the SE15 neighbourhood watch brigade....

love to all

GF

Afternoon,

I believe the nice streetlights in se15 (just north of Grove Vale) are the final phase of the Belleden renewal project. They are good and would be great to get them in ED.

TS

Kind words Gaz, thanks.

We noticed the new lights (that haven't been turned on yet) on Adys Road last night on the way back from the Gowlett, they're the silver Triffid like ones aren't they? In geek speak they use silver halide gas so therefore give off the white light rather than the old sodium ones that cast a yellow glow. And yes it's part of the 10 year Bellenden renewal project.

It would be nice for East Dulwich to have it's own unique, designed street lights with white light (not yellow) that don't shine up into the sky and cause unnecessary light pollution.

• 2 weeks later...

Dulwich should be soooooooooooooooo lucky to recieve new lighting.

We are the poor relations when it comes to money being spent in South East London.

Every where has money being spent except use. Why? i don't know

The following East Dulwich and Dulwich Village streets are having a complete street lighting replacement meeting all the latest standards:

Chesterfield, Ashbourne Grove, Tell Grove, Glengarry Road, Tarbert Road, Trossachs Road, Thorncombe Road, Lycott Grove, Playfield Crescent and Colwell Road.

This is part of Southwark wide programme to ensure all street lighting meets modern standards.

Dear Mr Barber,

I am very concerned to see that you have not mentioned Melford Rd (College ward) in this e-mail. Can you confirm that my road will be getting new lighting this financial year; as promised by my Cllr Kim humphries.

Warren De Souza

Hi Warren,

I'm one of the East Dulwich councillors. I'm afraid East Dulwich keeps me busy enough without trying to keep tabs of issues in College Ward. I'm just back from holiday and have a zillion things to catch up regarding East Dulwich. So no I can't confirm or deny that your road will get new street lighting this financial year. If in a fortnights time you still have concerns let me know ([email protected]).

Regards james barber

Off topic, but relevant to this conversation's history.

Some friendly advice to anyone who edits their messages after posting them...

If, like me, you subscribe to the RSS feed [wikipedia definition of RSS here] for the East Dulwich Forum, you'll see each version your newsreader (bloglines in my case) grabs - which means you can see what's changed in edited messages.

I think this is quite right and isn't technically wrong, because for a brief moment it's a message in public.

Worth remembering... :-)