Campaign for New Routemaster Buses on E Dulwich routes

Jakido

The fact that people feel that "they" are paying, so "their" area should have them is funny.

If any route gets one, I would like to see the 12 get it. Not that I have been on a 12 in the last few years, but it was one of the last route master routes. And the 36.

rahrahrah Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The new 'routemasters' are awful. Please, no

> campaigning.

I agree. If there was a campaign to reinstate the old routemasters I'd sign up but the new ones are nothing special at all. I'd rather they concentrate on a better service to be honest.

the-e-dealer Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> No-one is proposing scrapping any buses. Unlike

> the huge loss made by retiring the bendy buses.

this

and the horrendous amount of money spent developing these new routemasters- double hit on the bus fares

way to go boris- thank god your tenure is about more than just vanity projects

I would campaign against the old Routemasters. They were a design classic but the seats were tiny and getting onto the platform was only for the fully mobile. I used to catch the old 12 for the whole route and on an almost daily basis the conductor would tell the driver to stop the engine because too many people had crammed on and no-one would would get off or there was an argument over fares.

176 or the 12 personally, although some of the buses used on the 185 are at least 10 years old as they were around from the London Easylink era of operation (They did briefly dissapear when Easylink went bust and every bus company in London including Arriva's sightseeing operation covered the route until East Thames Buses took over) and now running out of Go-Ahead/London Central's Camberwell garage.