Watch England World Cup Game & Raise Money for Motor Neurone Disease

DHFC

Get down to Champion Hill to watch England v Uraguay on 19th June and raise money for the Motor Neurone Disease Association.

The bar at Champion Hill will be opening its doors at 7pm so fans can enjoy the game, while eating homemade cakes and drinking locally brewed beer from a Peckham based brewery.

There will also be a raffle for a chance to win great prizes including season tickets for the new campaign and signed merchandise will be auctioned in aid of the cause.

The Motor Neurone Disease Association (MNDA) was founded in 1979 by a group of volunteers with experience of living with or caring for, someone with MND, relies solely on donations.

All money raised at this event will provide vital support for people living with MND, their famalies and carers.

It also enables the MND Association to continue research into finding a cure for the fatal disease, which affects up to 5,000 people in the UK at any one time. Half of those diagnosed with MND die within 14 months of diagnosis.

Co-organiser and Dulwich Hamlet supporter, Duncan Hart said: ?The event also represents a marked effort by the fans of Dulwich Hamlet, known affectionately as the ?Rabble?, to encourage more of the local community through the gates of Champion Hill next season.

?Fans have become more and more closely involved with community issues during the last season.?

Fellow organiser, Suzanne Case added: ?MND is a charity close to my heart. I lost my mum to the disease in 2009. It rots you of your muscle function and over a period of 16 months she lost her ability to eat, speak and swallow. There is currently no cure.

?I hope as many as possible can come on 19 June or donate so that other families might not have to go through the pain of losing a loved one to this horrible disease.?

Mr Hart added: ?I am delighted that Dulwich Hamlet has agreed to host this event for MND. It demonstrates the close connections between the club and the local area.

?I hope new people who come and watch the England game in the bar will return for the real thing on the pitch in August.?

Tickets are priced at ?8 or ?4 (concessions and people not on the London Living Wage). Please buy tickets in advance from https://www.justgiving.com/suzanne-case and include your name and email address so confirmation and a ticket can be sent.

If you can?t attend, you can still pledge your support by donating at the same place.