SATURDAY 23 FEB ?25 - Freeing the Hips, Hamstrings and Spine - A Yoga and Mobility Workshop

Freeing the Hips, Hamstrings and Spine - A Yoga and Mobility Workshop

Saturday 23 February 2019

At Zen Yoga, Camberwell

?25

This yoga and mobility workshop is designed to strengthen and free all those muscles that have been strained, shortened and tightened after all those years of sitting on chairs or sofas for long periods, running or cycling, and simply not moving the way you were designed to move.

The hips, hamstrings and spine were designed to have freedom of movement, to bend with ease, to be supple. Sitting for long periods, whether that's at work or at home as well as the limited range of movement in our daily lives can cause these muscles and the fascia around them to contract and tighten, causing what we know as ?stiffness? or an inability to touch our toes or bend backwards with ease.

In this two hour workshop, you will learn how to cultivate a greater range of motion and flexibility in key areas of the body: the spine and all the muscles of the hips including the hamstrings. By using certain drills and sequencing to educate the nervous system on how to express this range of motion, you will learn how to build flexibility and mobility throughout the whole body. You'll also learn the role that gravity plays in stretching and a range of tactics to use gravity to our advantage - both in yoga and also mobility work.

This workshop will not only help to improve the flexibility and strength, but it will also help alleviate back and hip pain, improve your posture, teach you how find freedom in these areas with yoga poses and exercises that you can take back home to your own mat. We will also explore the function of hips, shoulders, abdominals, and limbs in creating a strong and supported backbending practice. The workshop will incorporate creative yoga sequences, mobility exercises and drills, and will end with some delicious yin yoga and a soothing savasana.

If you want to get stronger in your core or have tight hamstrings, weak hip flexors, or have back pain, this workshop is for you. This is a physical practise with lots of time for questions, chatting and laughter!

ALL levels of practitioners are welcome. Email me at [email protected] for any questions.

Book here: https://www.sarahfretwellyoga.com/yoga-events/2019/2/23/freeing-the-hips-hamstrings-and-spine-a-yoga-and-mobility-workshop