free bike maintenance workshop with hands-on tuition

Sally Eva

This is tomorrow February 19th 6.30-8.30 at the Lettsom Tenants and Residents Association Hall. Where on earth is that, I hear you cry. Good question, the factual answer is 114 Vestry Road SE5 8PQ. That may not be enough to find it but my pics are too big to attach here. They are on the website (see below). Best verbal description is uphill passed the shops and then down an alley.

This is not a course and what is taught/demonstrated depends on what problems come in. It's being funded jointly by Southwark Cyclists (who are providing the workforce)and Lettsom Tenants and Residents Association (who are providing the hall). It's open to everyone wherever they live and whatever their knowledge or needs.

Everything is free including (probably) small parts but if you need big parts (like wheels)you probably should bring them. You are welcome to come along first and ask for advice. I'm sure it will get cold again but this feels a spring-like moment to take that old bike out of the shed, dust off the spiders and give it a once-over. The boys like a challenge.

For further info look here: https://southwarkcyclists.org.uk/bike-maintenance-workshops-with-tuition/. For further info than that email [email protected] (slow method) or text 07842 640 207 (marginally quicker). Or just turn up.