Jackie Oates, Tabby Barbera, Brazen Thieves: The Goose Is Out! The Ivy House, Friday 28 June.

Jackie Oates, Tabby Barbera, Brazen Thieves: The Goose Is Out! The Ivy House, 40 Stuart Road, SE15 3BE Friday 28 June, 7PM.

Tickets https://www.wegottickets.com/thegooseisout

Also in person from the Ivy House, or on the door on the night.

Jackie Oates was one of the very first headliners we had at the Goose, back in the day when we were Upstairs at the EDT in East Dulwich.

We are always really happy when Jackie comes to the Goose because we know it is going to be a great evening!

Jackie Oates is a singer and fiddle player hailing from Staffordshire. Her unique treatment of English ballads and songs, and pure, haunting singing style has established her at the forefront of the new English folk revival.

Since appearing as a finalist in the BBC Radio 2 Young Folk Awards 2003, she has performed extensively at festivals and venues across the country and beyond, in a solo capacity and with her band. She was a founder member of Northumbrian group and Mercury nominated Rachel Unthank and the Winterset. Jackie will be joined by Mike Cosgrave on keyboards & guitar.

?Standing out from English folk?s remarkable new wave, Oates has the finest voice of them all ' - Independent On Sunday

?Charming, cool and tasteful? The Guardian

Brazen Thieves are Laura, Rebecca, Lucy and Mark.

Sisters Laura (vocals/violin) and Rebecca (vocals/guitar/concertina) were raised on folk music. They began their recent foray into folk by adapting songs and arrangements originally selected by their father, Clive Woolf, for his sets when he was playing on the scene in the late 60s/early 70s. This inspired the name Brazen Thieves.

Together as a quartet with Mark (guitar) and Lucy (vocals/cello), Brazen Thieves combine contemporary and classical influences to create new and interesting takes on traditional songs, with a strong emphasis on harmony singing.?

Based in South London, Tabby Barbera started writing songs around the age of 13, but it wasn?t until she completed a degree in illustration that she decided to pursue her musical curiosities.

With notable influences from folk, blues plus a myriad other genres, Tabby?s Barbera?s music combines lyrics with strong visual imagery, along her soft voice and accompanied by guitar or banjo. Using introspection and personal experience, combined with storytelling, her songs take you from the mountains of Pennsylvania to the pyramids of Teotihuacan and then back to the gardens of England.

Brazen Thieves Soundcloud