Children's and Parent's/Carer's Art Class 27th August (10:30-12:30pm)at Punk Me Up Ceramics Cafe

M.M

Hi Everyone!

I am running a children's art class tomorrow in East Dulwich at punk me up ceramics cafe in East Dulwich from 10:30-12:30! The class is open to all ages(mums and dads welcome too!) we do ask that children under the age of 9 are accompanied by a fee paying adult!

For this class we will be taking inspiration from Alice in Wonderland, and in particular looking at the character of the Queen of Hearts and her red roses.

In the first half of the class we will have a short storytelling from Alice in wonderland and then we will begin to set the scene for the queen, painting her roses and making her costume.

In the Second half after a short break we will draw the queen in different parts of the story.

Second Skin Costumed Life Drawing is a class which aims to create an immersive drawing experience through combining costume, theatre and drawing. In each class we draw from a costumed model with props within an atmospheric set.

Each class has a different theme and often has a performative element, in previous classes we have drawn: burlesque performers, Trinidadian carnival costumes, costumes from Prangsta Costumiers as well as more unusual things such as drawing a live haircut!

The classes are two hours long with a refreshment break in the middle.The first hour is made of a mixture of short poses including experimental drawing exercises to warm up and then after the break we usually settle into some longer poses to draw!

The classes are open to all, artists or those curious to try something new, most importantly they are fun and an opportunity to explore drawing in a playful and curious nature.

All materials are provides this includes pencils, paper, charcoal and drawing boards. However if you wish to bring extra materials you are welcome to do so!

Here is a link to the tickets if you would like to come:

www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/whose-painted-my-roses-red-tickets-65982305853

p.s you can also pay on the door!

all the best,

Nathalie :-)