sociable cycle ride Sat Oct 19th starts 9.30am

Sally Eva

This slightly longer but still easy-paced cycle ride starts in Burgess Park and does a circular route with Bishops Park Fulham at the other end. Back for 1pm. For those starting in East Dulwich I've made a little map starting at the station as a place which most people know and taking safe backstreets to Burgess Park. https://cycle.travel/map/journey/129745. I've emphasised safety. If you think I've overdone it you can use cycle.travel to make your own route pepping it up a bit.

This is one of the monthly, longer "+" rides. Like all the others it is organised by Bruce Lynn and friends to be easy-paced and quiet. It's also flat. This 19 mile ride starts and finishes at the Park Life Cafe in Burgess Park (Chumleigh Gardens, off Albany Rd, SE5 0RJ). The route out goes via Lansdowne Gardens, Battersea Park, Albert Bridge and Chelsea Harbour.

There will be a coffee stop in Bishops Park and a bit of time to have a look at Fulham Palace. The return is via Putney Bridge to sample the excellent paths along the Wandsworth and Battersea riverside; Battersea Park again, and finally home via CS5 along Harleyford Rd. Lots of off road path. The route is here: https://gb.mapometer.com/cycling/route_4698722.html

Southwark Cyclists is the borough branch of the London Cycling Campaign. We all campaign for safer cycling in London. Like everything we do these rides are free and open to all. You can contact us on [email protected]; tweet us @southwarkcycle or text me on 07842 640 207. Our website is here: https://southwarkcyclists.org.uk/events/burgess-park-to-bishops-park-fulham-healthy-ride/