Award winning social cycle ride Saturday October 26th 10am

Sally Eva

This series of Saturday morning rides won the Rides award at the London Cycling Campaign AGM and organiser Bruce Lynn got the prize for best Ride Leader of 2019. Try them out for yourself. The next opportunity is Saturday October 26th with a parks-ride to celebrate National Park City. More about the awards (and a pic of Bruce) here: https://southwarkcyclists.org.uk/many-awards-for-southwark-cyclists-at-the-lcc-agm/

This ride starts and finishes in Peckham Square (Peckham Library, Peckham Pulse Leisure Centre, SE15 5JR. The weather forecast gets a bit grim on Saturday afternoon but the morning is looking good. London?s green spaces have always been valuable for cycling and this ride celebrates five local parks ? Burgess, Ruskin, Brockwell, Dulwich and Peckham Rye. Indeed London is now the world?s first National Park City, a recognition of just how green it is and a challenge to keep it so.

The route is here:

and riders will go ride anti-clockwise, starting down the Canal Path to Burgess Park. Across the length of Burgess, exiting on Cycleway 17 (Quietway 7 as was).

Then a ride up Camberwell Grove and through past Denmark Hill station to Ruskin Park, a dog-leg around Ruskin Parl to exit at the south west corner and ride via Herne Hill station to Brockwell Park, a shortcut through Brockwell to Rosendale Road and then round to Dulwich park, stopping briefly at Herne Hill Velodrome.

The group will cross Dulwich Park, where the ride on November 2nd will start at the cafe and continuing via the Court Lane exit to Peckham Rye park, up Rye Lane and back to Peckham Square. It's an easy ride, with lots of off-road paths and no serious hills unless you count Camberwell Grove. Come and enjoy a Healthy Ride!

These rides are organised by Bruce on behalf of Southwark Cyclists. We are the borough branch of the London Cycling Campaign. Like everything else we do these rides are free, open to all and as welcoming as we can make them. You can find out more about what we do here: https://southwarkcyclists.org.uk and you can contact us at [email protected], tweet us @southwarkcycle or text me on 07842 640 207.