Friendly chat about drinking worries (free)

Will P22

I provide free, confidential help for anyone worried about alcohol. I have authored a drinking memoir called ?Not Alcoholic, But?? and I am a volunteer recovery worker within the borough of Southwark (I am not, however, a medic or professional). If you would like a friendly chat about your drinking, either in person or over the phone, please email me at [email protected] and we can arrange a time. Or if you don?t want to chat, we can just email instead. I am based in East Dulwich and I am offering this to anyone in the catchment of the East Dulwich Forum.

• 3 months later...

People think that controlling alcohol is all about cutting down and then maybe even cutting out booze.

Because of this, many heavy drinkers bury their heads in the sand because they don?t wish to do either of these.

Well, here is a new approach. The details are all at www.notalcoholicbut.com

What this website advocates is you take an in-depth look at how you drink (not how much). It provides a simple (free) guide to help you understand what you want from alcohol each time you drink.

In a short time (2-3 weeks) you will have a much better idea about the feelings and sensations you are seeking when you pick up a glass. This will help you decipher when the alcohol has done its job for the day.

If you do it right, the process will inevitably and probably inadvertently result in a reduction in consumption over time; but all the more effective for being driven by desire instead of self-enforcement.

Anyone can benefit from the process. Why not give it a go - www.notalcoholicbut.com It?ll be so much more enjoyable than Sober October and Dry January, with a real chance of lasting success.

Once you have a better sense of control, you will be well placed to make judgements on what to do next - from real choice.

Please tell your friends about notalcoholicbut.com

Best

Will Piper

author "Not Alcoholic, But..."