We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

www.advancedpainters.co.uk

www.dulwichcarpetcompany.co.uk

http://avakitchens.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your builder, plumber, electrician or carpenter?
messageFriendly chat about drinking worries (free)
Posted by Will P22 18 November, 2019 11:40

I provide free, confidential help for anyone worried about alcohol. I have authored a drinking memoir called “Not Alcoholic, But…” and I am a volunteer recovery worker within the borough of Southwark (I am not, however, a medic or professional). If you would like a friendly chat about your drinking, either in person or over the phone, please email me at will@notalcoholicbut.com and we can arrange a time. Or if you don’t want to chat, we can just email instead. I am based in East Dulwich and I am offering this to anyone in the catchment of the East Dulwich Forum.

messageRe: Friendly chat about drinking worries (free)
Posted by GGalien February 10, 08:39AM

Well that's useful, I highly approve. I can also recommend this list of hotlines https://addictionresource.com/addiction-and-rehab-hotlines/ in case someone here needs professional help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was february 10, 08:40am by GGalien.

messageRe: Friendly chat about drinking worries (free)
Posted by Will P22 February 19, 02:40PM

People think that controlling alcohol is all about cutting down and then maybe even cutting out booze.

Because of this, many heavy drinkers bury their heads in the sand because they don’t wish to do either of these.

Well, here is a new approach. The details are all at www.notalcoholicbut.com
What this website advocates is you take an in-depth look at how you drink (not how much). It provides a simple (free) guide to help you understand what you want from alcohol each time you drink.

In a short time (2-3 weeks) you will have a much better idea about the feelings and sensations you are seeking when you pick up a glass. This will help you decipher when the alcohol has done its job for the day.

If you do it right, the process will inevitably and probably inadvertently result in a reduction in consumption over time; but all the more effective for being driven by desire instead of self-enforcement.
Anyone can benefit from the process. Why not give it a go - www.notalcoholicbut.com It’ll be so much more enjoyable than Sober October and Dry January, with a real chance of lasting success.

Once you have a better sense of control, you will be well placed to make judgements on what to do next - from real choice.
Please tell your friends about notalcoholicbut.com

Best
Will Piper
author "Not Alcoholic, But..."

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum