Free "Follow Along" Dance Party classes in Peckham Rye Park?

Free "Follow Along" Dance Party classes in Peckham Rye Park?

Its funny what new paths being in Lockdown for two and a half months leads you down. For me not being able to go to the gym for yoga classes (or to the Vauxhall Tavern to dance!) led me to look online for some exercise to do to keep fit and have fun at the same time.

I stumbled upon Ryan Heffington (see -https://www.vogue.co.uk/beauty/article/ryan-heffington-instagram-workout) a choreographer from L.A. who has been treaming 60 minute "Follow Along" Dance Party classes on Instagram - with dance moves like "The Cowboy", "The Happy Hippy" and "The Grapevine". Not only do you get a good workout, you also end the class with a huge smile on your face.

I've been doing these classes alone at home for a few weeks now, but it occurred to me that it would be a lot more fun to do with a few other people. And if I can follow along to the Qi Gong classes I've been doing in the park (just with my phone wedged between the branches of a tree, connected to a bluetooth speaker), then why not try it with dance classes too? Social distancing while we dance of course!

If you are interested and not too afraid of having fun/ making a fool of yourself in public send me an email or text. If enough people are interested we can arrange a regular time and place to meet and ... dance ourselves silly!

I dont intend to charge anything for these classes as its not like I'm a qualified dance teacher or anything. Its more a way for me to keep fit and have fun while I'm not working (I'm a massage therapist, so I wont be working for some time!) and while gyms are still closed.

Stephen

[email protected]

We had our first dance party in the park this evening - just 2 of us to begin with, but it was SO much fun. It certainly got my heart pumping: it's not called "Sweat Fest" for nothing!

I'm planning to host these "dance parties" every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 6.30-7.30pm (directly after Qi Gong classes 5.30-6.30pm).

If you would like to join us please private message me on here or text me on 07950933150, with your phone number and I can send you a map of where we do it/ add you to the WhatsApp group

I'll try to keep the group size small (no bigger than the government approved 6 people) so I wont advertise the location here just yet 🙂

But we definitely have room for a couple more dance fans!