Hand carved furnitures for sale

imhoweb

I am selling a range of handmade furnitures.

They are built using reclaimed wood and high quality chisels. I am also available for commissions. Feel free to get in touch!

They are inspired by Italian romanesque ornaments from the 11th century AD.

I design and build them for passion, not for heavy production, they are unique pieces.

Read more info about my work and the story behind these crafts here:

https://medium.com/@imho.work/woodwork-and-design-by-roberto-conti-68ca3d63c16b

My instagram: https://www.instagram.com/roccrafts/

Few info about me:

Roberto Conti is an Italian designer graphic artist and woodcarver based in London. He has been working in visual communication and design since 2004. Roberto Conti?s artistic home is Pisa (Tuscany, Italy), a city that was deeply influential on the Romanesque current in the Middle Ages.

Conti?s ideas are based on rediscovering visual aesthetics from the past.

His mission is to make quality artworks and furnitures, in a way that incorporates the heritage of past civilisations.

His work is based on meticulous research and documented sources, exploring the links between art, history and archaeology to promote the distribution of knowledge, critical thinking and the creation of unique, authentic artworks.

He strongly believes in the return of a new artistic and social Renaissance.

We should remember that ?Historia est Magistra Vitae?, a Latin expression, taken from Cicero?s De Oratore, which suggests that ?history is life?s teacher?. The phrase conveys the idea that the study of the past should serve as a lesson to the future, and was an important pillar of classical, medieval and Renaissance historiography.

The Artworks

These furnitures have been designed and built using almost entirely reclaimed wood, therefore they have imperfections and irregularities but they are 100% authentic and based on historical researches. They are totally hand carved using high quality chisels.

As in the early medieval art, these artworks contain different ingredients blended together.

Archived