Admin help.. Messages not ever being read by receiver

sarah-marie

I have also had this happen recently, but I thought it was people just not reading their messages, or else not ticking the box asking to be notified of them by email.

Or else they have already sold the item in question (for example) and can't be bothered to read or respond to any other messages about it. Which is sort of understandable, but also quite rude (IMO).

I think it is right to respond to anyone who has sent a pm. In my case the original response from me shows as not being read by the recipient..Maybe they are on holiday ? and not receiving notification they have a pm. Who knows --still annoying!

It seems Ornella, bli and seemster are the people who are missing notification emails (ie they expected to receive one or more, but didn't). Have these people checked their email spam folders?

An easy way to test the notifications is to send a PM to yourself. If these aren't coming through, and emails are not going to spam I will raise with Admin.

• Administrator

I'll reply here as well. Whilst I can't solve the "people don't reply to PMs" / lack of courtesy problem there does seem to be an intermittent mail sending problem that affects some messages.

We have fixed it and currently it seems ok but we know there's a problem if we're informed by you. If you do notice a problem it would help if you could please email us at [email protected]

Archived