SOLD: Wooden vintage toy garage (connects with wooden road systems)

Vintage style wooden toy garage.

Smoke, demon, politician and pet free home.

It has a working lift which goes up and down, ramps (again, allowing cars to go up and down or only half way up, which is neither up nor down) and 3 floors of parking heaven with helipad which everyone knows is essential these days (aren't we supposed to be flying around in sky cars by now?) and garage petrol display board. Great with Matchbox toy cars (or Hotwheels if you must, but they just aren't the same). It has a space to link up to the wooden train and road tracks for those people that want to fill an entire room with wooden transport systems, but hey, it's hurts less than stepping on Lego!

It's approx 50cm high, 37 cm wide and 64cm long just in case someone thinks it's life size (which it would be if you were a Borrower). Don't ask me for the size in inches, there is only one thing I measure using old money.

?20 or nearest offer, unless you want to swap it for a Tesla, villa in Monaco, painting of enigmatic smiling woman or that old Chinese vase you don't like.

Pick up only from Beckenham, BR3. That is non negotiable, as I don't live anywhere else.

Why are we selling? My son won't play with it with me. I always wanted one as a kid and 40 years later I finally managed to get one, only for it to gather dust (don't worry, I dusted it) in the corner of the room. Somehow, after 4 decades, the magic has gone?sniff?

Thanks Cocoabean (named after your father perhaps?).

Thanks Alec1 (is there a Alec2)?

My loft will soon become a bedroom (hopefully). Our house has become overrun by toys, which sadly for me is 40 years too late. While this toy garage is great/awesome/amazing/desdinitelysomethingyouwanttotakeoffmyhands/ it's not something that we can keep. My cousin had a fort as a kid. I never had one. A fort, with wind down portcullis. I bought one for my son and he never played with it and dejected I took it to a charity shop, which is where I bought it originally. The sad realisation that the toys of my youth can't compete with Lego Ninjago has washed over me like a cuddly blanket of doom. This garage simply had to go.

Sigh?

I will be selling more stuff in the future, we have lots of it. We are drowning in it. How did we end end up with so much stuff? Wait, did I say that out loud?

Have a great day.

Archived