Jump to content

Great rock on radio again.


Chick

Recommended Posts

Digital radio- The Arrow, classic rock is back. This station is as good as Radio Caroline was when Caroline was at its best. Non stop music, no adds or DJ?s at this time in the morning.


One hour and 16 minutes till I finish my last night shift of the year. Happy new year EDF.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Simonet I don't think digital stations have a frequency do they?


But if you don't have a DAB radio then you can always check out the website


www.thearrow.co.uk


and they are probably on digital TV listings under the radio section as well


although judging by the playlist


"Why should I head straight to The Arrow?

If you love rock music and your tastes range from legends like the Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, and Led Zeppelin, to the contemporary sounds of Coldplay, Oasis, the Red Hot Chili Peppers and The Killers, you?ll love The Arrow."


it's not exactly hard to hear stuff

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Simonet I don't think digital stations have a

> frequency do they?

>

> But if you don't have a DAB radio then you can

> always check out the website

>

> www.thearrow.co.uk

>

> and they are probably on digital TV listings under

> the radio section as well

>

> although judging by the playlist

>

> "Why should I head straight to The Arrow?

> If you love rock music and your tastes range from

> legends like the Rolling Stones, Bruce

> Springsteen, and Led Zeppelin, to the contemporary

> sounds of Coldplay, Oasis, the Red Hot Chili

> Peppers and The Killers, you?ll love The Arrow."

>

> it's not exactly hard to hear stuff


Thanks Sean.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Keef & everybody, do a rescan or full autotune, it is there. Since its digital audio broadcasting there is no particulur frequency, it part of a multiplex along with several other stations. The multiplex is LON 3.


Good luck, good listening and have a good new year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

>Since its digital audio broadcasting there is no particulur frequency, it part of a

> multiplex along with several other stations. The multiplex is LON 3.


Which appears to be using Channel 11B (218.64MHz), if you need to try manual tuning.


>and they are probably on digital TV listings under the radio section as well


It looks as if not. It's also apparently a return to DAB for them: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=801094

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Captain Scarlet Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> What sort of rock? Heavy metal,rock n roll,Thrash metal.grudge? Emo?


If you love rock music and your tastes range from legends like the Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, and Led Zeppelin, to the contemporary sounds of Coldplay, Oasis, the Red Hot Chili Peppers and The Killers, you?ll love The Arrow."


I'm generally happy to listen to any of those (maybe except Coldplay), but it's still a pretty uninspiring list.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Captain Scarlet Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > What sort of rock? Heavy metal,rock n

> roll,Thrash metal.grudge? Emo?

>

> If you love rock music and your tastes range from

> legends like the Rolling Stones, Bruce

> Springsteen, and Led Zeppelin, to the contemporary

> sounds of Coldplay, Oasis, the Red Hot Chili

> Peppers and The Killers, you?ll love The Arrow."

>

> I'm generally happy to listen to any of those

> (maybe except Coldplay), but it's still a pretty

> uninspiring list.


Its hardly a 'range' is it?

This stuff is always on the radio.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

Good work KatieNumbers.

I'm making you my official MTH Arrow correspondent, there's a commission for every Mott song you report back.

I'm offering a huge bonus if you can get them to play The Wheel Of The Quivering Meat Conception from Brain Capers.


Though all in all I reckon my money's safe enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

HonaloochieB Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Good work KatieNumbers.

> I'm making you my official MTH Arrow

> correspondent, there's a commission for every Mott

> song you report back.


The trouble is...I had to google the lyrics to a song I heard and thats the only reason I knew it was MTH, hmm, not really selling myself for this particular role...


> I'm offering a huge bonus if you can get them to

> play The Wheel Of The Quivering Meat Conception

> from Brain Capers.

>

> Though all in all I reckon my money's safe enough.


oh that one, they have it on all the time. Honestly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

katie1997 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> HonaloochieB Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Good work KatieNumbers.

> > I'm making you my official MTH Arrow

> > correspondent, there's a commission for every

> Mott

> > song you report back.

>

> The trouble is...I had to google the lyrics to a

> song I heard and thats the only reason I knew it

> was MTH, hmm, not really selling myself for this

> particular role...

>

> > I'm offering a huge bonus if you can get them

> to

> > play The Wheel Of The Quivering Meat Conception

> > from Brain Capers.

> >

> > Though all in all I reckon my money's safe

> enough.

>

> oh that one, they have it on all the time.

> Honestly.



The wheel of the Quivering Is my dad's favourite too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

HonaloochieB Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Then Lynda your father is a prince amongst men,

> albeit a somewhat deaf one.


Hi! Honaloochie :)


ha ha ha ha what my dad ! off course No.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In



Or sign in with one of these services

Search
×
    Search In
×
×
  • Create New...