Charity Closure - clearance

Pugwash

Due to no income since March, our Forest Hill based charity is now become insolvent. Our landlord is selling the property but we need to clear out the premises which are over 3 floors.

We have 6 IKEA tub chairs (Fire safety labels)book cases, office chairs in various states - some good others a bit grotty, metal filing cabinets, ring and box folders, loads of transparent flimsies/pockets. Creche equipment - indoor sand tray (covered) other cabinets with plastic trays for art equipment. Toys, books,play tent etc. Cupboards .

You would need to provide own transport (we have a car park) there is no lift so would need 2 people to carry. The trustees are key holders and will be at the building after Xmas for a few hours several times a week. Please pm me if you are interested in anything - all free. All computer equipment is being dealt with by the insolvency officer so this is not available.

Have had a number of PMs from people who are interested and have replied to them that after Tuesday I will know what days/times centre will be open (only 3 of us have keys). Depending on what is taken, I will try Salvation Army/BHF and Emmaus. However with all the charity shops closed it may be more difficult for them to collect and store goods.

We have a number of book cases, green conference chairs with arms, box files, ring folders, office chairs some in good condition, 3 and 4 drawer metal filing cabinets.

The landlord has now sold the property and has given us 3 weeks to clear the premises. I am not willing to give details of the centre on a public forum in view of potential squatters but will give full detail if you pm me.

My fellow trustee and I will be at the centre on Saturday between 12 noon and 4 pm

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you to all those people who collected various items - some have gone to homeless charities, churches, nursery and pre school playgroup. Others to individuals.

We have 6 IKEA tub chairs with removal covers (Fire Safety Labels) several green material conference chairs with arms,

Several bookcases ( 2 small) and rest large. Modern desk without drawers (would need to be dismantled to be moved) a 3 drawer wooden unit (for an office) Loads of ring folders and box files, transparent pouches. Coffee tables.Office Chairs.

With the closure of charity shops - none are collecting furniture (BHF, Red Cross,St Christopher's, Emmaus) Salvation Army will only take furniture which can be carried by a single person (most of our stuff requires 2 people)

The Insolvency Practitioner did not want our computer screens, keyboards etc as were only interested in the hard drives - does anyone know how I can dispose of these? Recycling (council) will not take non residential items.

We still have a number of metal filing cabinets - 4. 3 and 2 drawer. My colleague and I will be at the centre on Saturday(tomorrow) should anyone be interested. Please PM me for address.

Archived