Baby bjorn original barely used - ?35

Bex81

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Latest Discussions

• Got a bit more interesting
    • Zoltan of https://techgeniuz.co.uk/ recently provided us with an excellent service at a fair price.    On his first visit he patiently and clearly answered all my questions and gave me a verbal quote which was all I needed before asking him to carry out the following work on our family's tech: Replacing the badly cracked Display/Top Section of a 5 year old MacBook Air at an acceptable  price below that of the Apple Store. Replacing the water damaged keyboard on an 8 year old Dell Laptop and upgrading it; speeding it up considerably. Uploading onto my iCloud via the repaired MacBook Air, all the photos, film clips and required documents from our very old, no longer used, Dell Desk Top soft drive.  Removing the soft drive from the Desk Top so I could keep it 'just in case' and dispose of the desk top safely. Removing the soft drives from two ancient laptops so I could destroy them before disposing of them safely. Advising us on adhoc iPhone and Laptop issues.   I would definitely contact him again the next time one of our laptops needs repairing.    Thank you Zoltan.    
    • I think this is very valid in that state school families do not feel impacted at the moment by this policy but you may find it does when your children are in classes with 35-40 children, are made to sit on the floor to eat lunch (happy to share a letter from a state school where this is happening), when they take awat certain subjects, when VAT is imposed on anything that seems to ‘advantage’ a child (eg before and after school clubs, paid music lessons etc). I have children in both the independent and state sectors so please don’t say I am not giving state a chance, I have and it failed us for one child.  Please continue to do your research and keep an open mind about the impacts on State, not just the independent sector will have on children, families and the economy ..   Again, please do your research! Many people cite Finland but private schools are not banned there and do exist.    What is banned is basic education for profit. Article below. Also there is a BBC podcast on whether UK schools are eduction for profit and in most cases, profit margins are very low eg 3% and reinvested in the school or to give bursaries / scholarships, for outreach to the local communities. https://www.aacrao.org/edge/emergent-news/private-education-is-not-prohibited-in-finland https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0021377?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile I live just on the border!
    • Piotr did our front door walkway, replacing ugly, irregular concrete with beautiful Victorian mosaic tiles and they look great! Agree with the above reviews, I would recommend him and use him again. 
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In