Postmark

Sue

It's not a question of one or the other, surely?

We are very lucky to have two card shops locally, plus other shops selling cards. Whatever your taste you are likely to find what you are looking for in one of the shops, and it's great to have a choice.

I started the thread to share the fact that Postmark has won a well deserved award!

DonCiccio Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Postmark isn't even the best card shop in East

> Dulwich!

Well, we all have different tastes, so it depends how you personally define "best", doesn't it?

Clearly the award was not just given at random.

I'm not sure quite why you would want to post on here to diss a great local shop which has just won an award, particularly since it's only your third post since you joined the forum.

This forum makes me despair sometimes. Why can't a well-run business be congratulated on an accolade? Why do these sad characters who think their opinions are of interest have to undercut a rare, positive thread in such a mean spirited way?

It does make you wonder what their agenda is.

The thread wasn't about another shop. It was about Postmark. And you had to go and p**s on their chips.

Angelina Wrote:

> no agenda, other than highlighting that there are

> other fantastic businesses in our area and that

> they also deserve a mention.

>

> It's not a negative point. I didn't say I didn't

> like Postmark.

It's a nice shop.. to browse around. But to state it is the UK's Best greeting card retailer is very Subjective.

Has anyone been to every greeting card retailer in the UK. to form such an opinion.

How often does any one person buy a greeting card. ?

Does not matter if it IS the UK's Leading Greeting Card Retailer. Nice for us locals to have it there but

people are not going to travel across the country to shop there.

Lets not get too excited about it.

Foxy.

edcam Wrote:

> Or you could just try being pleased for a local

> business for a change.

I said it was a nice shop.. but a Local business it isn't.

It is a well established mini chain with branches in

Dulwich.

Greenwich.

Balham.

Turnham Green Terrace.

and also operates extensively on line.

DulwichFox

edcam Wrote:

> The fact that they have other branches is neither

> here nor there. DF - your misanthropic world view

> is very tedious at times. Just try and be a bit

> pleased for them.

I said it is a nice shop.. I have bought cards from there on several occasions. I can do no more.

Now be a good chap and get off my back.

DF.

The actual news item posted read:- Postmark, who have four shops in south and west London, including one on North Cross Road in East Dulwich, was named the UK?s ?Best Greeting Card Retailer? 2017 at this year?s RETA?s, which recognises the importance of retailers to the success of the British Greeting Card industry, estimated to be worth around ?1.7bn a year, supporting almost 100,000 jobs across the country.

The family run, independent retailer also picked up a separate award for their monthly ?Feel Good Friday? campaign, which encourages people to send cards ?just because? offering a free card and postage to anywhere in the UK to anyone interested in taking part.

Run by husband and wife team Mark and Leona Janson-Smith, they currently have four shops ? Balham, Dulwich, Greenwich and Chiswick ? and champion the very best of UK and internationally designed cards and stationery.

So, the whole 'chain' has been awarded the prize, not just the ED shop, it's pretty local (South London certainly) and it's not a corporately owned chain. Maybe we in ED can claim 25% of the credit here, if we want to be parochial. The judging, clearly, was not just about shops available in ED. I'm pleased for them.