Best Breakfast in East Dulwich/Peckham?

As per the title, which establishment serves up the best brekko in the local area? Can be either traditional fare or something slightly more exotic...

I rarely eat breakfast out, but am planning to tomorrow and am not really sure where to go.

I like Madelina (used to be called Piece of Cake) on East Dulwich Grove

https://www.madelina.co.uk/.

Quiet, friendly staff, nice crockery, the coffee is hot and I can vouch for the eggs benedict. Possibly not the cheapest but the portions are a decent size.

The cafe at the Dulwich Picture Gallery is a nice spot on a sunny day but does get very busy.

https://www.dulwichpicturegallery.org.uk/planning-your-visit/dulwich-picture-gallery-caf?/

I much prefer going out for breakfast than for lunch!

Cauliflowerear Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I used to think Johnnies but they seem to put up

> their prices every month, pure greed, hopefully

> they go out of business.

can't imagine why they would be putting up their prices monthly now?

greasy spoon on Bellenden RD..run by turks and even does avocados on toast. You can order from set menu or "build your own breakie... eg go for veggie sausage (s) and extra mushrooms if thats whar you want. Good prices, lots of choice - does takeaway which is very popular with workmen.

Also the bbest chips ever.

Yes, and Luca's often participates in the Amex rebate, where you spend at least fifteen quid in one go and get a fiver back on you account. (Other shops and businesses do this, such as Mons, so if you have an Amex you may find other small biz people in and around this area who are doing the promotion in June.)

Noted, thanks!

Nigello Wrote:

> Yes, and Luca's often participates in the Amex

> rebate, where you spend at least fifteen quid in

> one go and get a fiver back on you account. (Other

> shops and businesses do this, such as Mons, so if

> you have an Amex you may find other small biz

> people in and around this area who are doing the

> promotion in June.)

Has to be The Crossroads Cafe on Bellenden Rd.

This is a traditional neighbourhood 'caff' - amazing breakfasts and lunches, generous portions, huge range of options and service is always with a huge smile. Fry ups are great, but they also do much more than that. Not one for those wanting an Oat Flat White and a Vegan Croissant, although Vegan/Vegetarians are well catered for.

It is such a shame there aren't more places like this is East Dulwich

haven't been for a while as still socialy issolating but remember that on menu was avocado on ciabati bread(?spell), is the bread vegan?

Do miss the cafewe used to at least twice a week at about 11.00 am for brunch. I have a severe tremor and my drinks always camewith a straw, and food wd have a spoon to make eating easier.

> Has to be The Crossroads Cafe on Bellenden Rd.

> This is a traditional neighbourhood 'caff' -

> amazing breakfasts and lunches, generous portions,

> huge range of options and service is always with a

> huge smile. Fry ups are great, but they also do

> much more than that. Not one for those wanting an

> Oat Flat White and a Vegan Croissant, although

> Vegan/Vegetarians are well catered for.

>

> It is such a shame there aren't more places like

> this is East Dulwich