Driving Instructor Recommendation - Sarah

mel1095

Hi everyone,

A little long overdue but so necessary, I?d like to recommend my driving instructor Sarah from Sarah?s driving. After my previous instructor Michael irresponsibly abandoned me on the day of my exam after several months of learning together and 2 driving exam fails in my pocket, I didn?t think I was ever going to get my licence. I was lucky enough to spot her car in the East Dulwich area and decided to call her. I had to unlearn so many bad habits that I was previously taught or had never been corrected. And I came out such a confident driver. I couldn?t have done it without Sarah. She doesn?t only teach you how to pass your exam but she shows you how to be a safe driver too. Most importantly she taught me the skills I needed so I would be able to drive any car. With my previous instructor I could only move his car. After learning with Sarah (for not that long!) I was able to drive my mums car which I couldn?t previously do. I enjoyed being in the car with her and wasn?t afraid to make any mistakes. Thank you again!

Her number: 07956563129

• 6 months later...

Hi All,

I echo mel1095's comments about Sarah from Sarah's driving (mobile: 07956563129)

I decided to learn in my mid 30's and wanted an instructor who would push me with a focus on getting to practical test standard. After learning with an instructor who was far too laid back, I found Sarah through this forum. It was only after I started learning with Sarah that I realised what it takes to be able to drive properly.

We had weekly 2 hour lessons for about 4 months with a lockdown after the first month!

I passed my test first time today at Hither Green and owe it to Sarah's teaching. She helped me fix my bad habits and taught me good ones in their place. Above all, she taught me to be safe and ready for anything, which was certainly required during my test. Her professional approach and personal passion for her work is 100% there during every lesson.

I can't thank her enough and will undoubtedly have her voice in my head saying "mirror!" every time I go for the brake pedal when I'm on the road by myself.

She is everything I hoped for in an instructor: 5 stars!

Alistair

Another recommendation for Sarah here!

After a series of terrible lessons with a previous instructor, I?d ended up an incredibly nervous driver. After taking a break, I?d decided to give it another go, contacting Sarah after reading the recommendations on EDF ? so glad I did!

Sarah built my confidence right back up. A total transformation, which happened after only a couple of lessons. She was calm and clear, simply explaining things that had baffled me previously, teaching me how to give myself time and space to drive safety without panicking.

Sarah was brilliant at communicating throughout all the disruption and delay that pandemic caused (both my theory and practical tests were pushed back by months due to lockdowns), and was flexible with what that meant for lessons.

I passed first time last month, and can?t thank her enough for turning driving from something I dreaded into a skill for life.

Sarah's number: 07956563129

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
My 19 year old son just passed his test first time thanks to Sarah. We found her to be a brilliant instructor. She was very accommodating and patient, and all through lockdown and beyond she kept us regularly informed about when we would get to the top of the waiting list. She's very committed to her existing clients and we would recommend her without reservation.

• 4 weeks later...

I had a brilliant experience of learning to drive with Sarah as my instructor. She really made sure she understood exactly what I found challenging, and methodically tackled every difficulty. Sarah is an excellent teacher and I always felt safe in the car with her, even when outside my comfort zone. She?s also friendly, totally reliable and organised. I had a test date scheduled from my 4th lesson which we worked towards (due to DVSA backlog of tests), and I passed first time thanks to Sarah?s lessons!

Give Sarah a message if interested - 07956563129 :)

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I also would recommend Sarah 100%. I hadn't driven for many years and was apprehensive about driving again especially as I had just had a not-great experience with another (non-local) instructor. She's patient, encouraging and you're never made to feel stupid. I thought it would take a lot more lessons than it did but I am now driving again. And she is a genuinely nice person.

Tony

• 2 months later...

Dear All,

I would also like to recommend Sarah! I have absolutely dreaded getting back into driving having not driven since passing my test ten years ago. After only a few lessons I am now confident enough to drive around our local area, something I never thought I would be able to do. She was so supportive, never making me feel stupid. I have had a number of driving instructors and she is absolutely the best!

Rosalie de Hennin

• 1 month later...
I'm so lucky I found Sarah on this forum! Its been a long journey as I started lessons with her pre-Covid and due to the various lockdowns, test backlogs and cancelled tests dates, I am thrilled to say I’ve passed my driving test with Sarah’s support, patience, amazing teaching skills and top-class sense of humour. Learning to drive with Sarah isn’t just the usual teacher/pupil dynamic. She takes an interest in you as a person, which makes you look forward to seeing her on your next lesson. I couldn’t have found a better instructor so if you’re reading this, give her a call, it's the best decision you will make!