Welcome, Guest!

The East Dulwich Forum is an online community to discuss anything and everything about SE22. We were established all the way back in 2006! You can find more information about us here.

It looks like you're not registered. If you want to sign up, please click this link.

Being paid as a host family

Discuss anything related to family life in East Dulwich.
etta166

Hi all,

We've been hosting a French student for 2 weeks, who is a very distant friend of the family (I don't know her parents, but my brother-in-law does). Her parents have offered to pay us some compensation for hosting her, and have asked how much we want. I really have no clue what to say. I'd have been happy to do it for free, but the parents keep coming back to wanting to pay us. So... how much should I ask for? Would ?200 be about right? Any thoughts gratefully received.

Thanks!
Pugwash

It would depend as to whether you will be incurring expenses taking her around London/England, whether you are eating out, the extra food etc. ?200 seems ok if you are doing the above.
etta166

Yes, I should have been more clear. We have been paying for everything and she has been coming with us as a family member on day trips etc.
GinaG3

My mums a host, outside London though. She's required to offer breakfast and dinner. ?120 per student per week is the rate set by the international school they come from.