Looking for a nanny job

Hi there,

I'm Lisa, a nanny of 20 years with lots of great references from the families I've worked for and who I'm still in contact with years after leaving them. I've always had a great relationship with my bosses and have continued friendships with them after we have parted ways and it's a joy to still see the babies I raised now as teenagers and young adults.

I have a firm but fair attitude to raising children and I believe it's important to set a routine and give children a consistent, fun and nurturing environment to grow up in. With me the children can expect to have lots of fun and attention but they know that I'm in charge and tantrums and bad behaviour will not be tolerated.

I love teaching the children I look after and it's such a joy to see them using the language and ideas I've taught them and growing into clever, confident children. I think it's very important for a nanny to teach the children she looks after and not just care for them. With one family I had to prepare their child for a private school nursery interview and loved coming up with new ways to teach her the required elements and improve her confidence and skills ready to be tested at the school

I love to go out and about with the children and I have a wealth of knowledge about places to go and things to do.

I'm a strong swimmer and often take 2 or 3 of my children swimming together.

On rainy days we bake, do arts and crafts, games, jigsaws, raid the toy boxes, make huge train lines, play princess tea parties and have snuggle up sofa/ tv time.

Over the years I've looked after children from 4 months to 11 years in various combinations and also have done several nanny shares with babies and older children.

I've also done proxy parenting for weeks at a time when parents are away on business trips and anniversary holidays.

I have a crb and first aid, I'm ofsted registered and I have a clean driving licence.

In September I will be leaving my current job after 8 years of looking after two wonderful girls. I will also be leaving a lovely little boy who I?ve been looking after for the last two years on a share basis with the girls.

I'm looking for a full time, live in job with a family who has one child under the age of 5.

Please get in touch 😉

Archived